News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama meets the Republican Caucus

Started by Jacob, January 29, 2010, 05:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

There was a massive amount of time invested by the administration in attempting to gain the vote of Snowe, Collins, and Grassley on health care. Hans is talking out of his ass (again).

Strix

Quote from: Fate on January 30, 2010, 02:04:00 AM
There was a massive amount of time invested by the administration in attempting to gain the vote of Snowe, Collins, and Grassley on health care. Hans is talking out of his ass (again).

He isn't. I have seen it mentioned time and again on CNN and other such news outlets about the Democrats having closed door meetings without their Republican counterparts.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

The Brain

Will he also meet the Democratic Fig?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 29, 2010, 05:46:51 PM
Quotethey're just bent on crushing the Democrats

A worthy cause.

Awww, breeder losers. The Republican most faithful supporters.  :hug:

Razgovory

Quote from: Strix on January 30, 2010, 04:58:06 AM
Quote from: Fate on January 30, 2010, 02:04:00 AM

He isn't. I have seen it mentioned time and again on CNN and other such news outlets about the Democrats having closed door meetings without their Republican counterparts.

What sort of meetings?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on January 30, 2010, 06:33:33 AM
What sort of meetings?
Meetings to reconcile the Senate versions of health care, meetings to reconcile the Senate and House versions.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2010, 07:11:01 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 30, 2010, 06:33:33 AM
What sort of meetings?
Meetings to reconcile the Senate versions of health care, meetings to reconcile the Senate and House versions.
Surely having Republicans there would just let them try and play the wrecker - given that all of them with the exception of Cao oppose the bill in either form.  Let Cao in, of course.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 30, 2010, 08:42:25 AM
Surely having Republicans there would just let them try and play the wrecker - given that all of them with the exception of Cao oppose the bill in either form.  Let Cao in, of course.
A not unreasonable assumption.  Of course if you shut the other party out before they have a chance to wreck it it's less clear which side will get blamed by swing voters as being more partisan.  That's one of the reasons I thought Obama's gambit at the GOP retreat was so interesting.  He in effect offered to throw Pelosi under the bus and split the difference on partisan guilt in exchange for some GOP help.

Who's Cao?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on January 30, 2010, 06:19:22 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 29, 2010, 05:46:51 PM
Quotethey're just bent on crushing the Democrats

A worthy cause.

Awww, breeder losers. The Republican most faithful supporters.  :hug:

You are still a Polack. I win.  :hug:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2010, 10:19:30 AM
A not unreasonable assumption.  Of course if you shut the other party out before they have a chance to wreck it it's less clear which side will get blamed by swing voters as being more partisan.  That's one of the reasons I thought Obama's gambit at the GOP retreat was so interesting.  He in effect offered to throw Pelosi under the bus and split the difference on partisan guilt in exchange for some GOP help.
What would Republicans add to a conference about a bill they, with one exception, entirely oppose?

QuoteWho's Cao?
Joseph Cao.  He was the Republican who won William Jefferson's seat. 
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 30, 2010, 11:06:39 AM
What would Republicans add to a conference about a bill they, with one exception, entirely oppose?
What does France add to a conference about Iraq?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 30, 2010, 11:06:39 AM
Joseph Cao.  He was the Republican who won William Jefferson's seat.

New Orleans? So he's probably going to be booted next round regardless.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Fireblade

I honestly don't know who Hans is fooling. He's been spouting the same lies and horseshit since, what, 2004? Does anyone seriously care about what he says?

Jacob

Quote from: Fireblade on January 30, 2010, 01:13:48 PM
I honestly don't know who Hans is fooling. He's been spouting the same lies and horseshit since, what, 2004? Does anyone seriously care about what he says?

Himself?  Maybe?

Neil

Is Hans less credible than people like Spellus, his cross-aisle equivalent?  I don't really see it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.