Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I left, big surprise, eh?

I just didn't find it fun.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

katmai

On STO front page they have a subscriber survey asking for input on what folks want in game, so for all of you who find it wanting time to speak up.

Oh and for completing the survey they give you 240 cryptic points.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on February 24, 2010, 01:39:16 AM
On STO front page they have a subscriber survey asking for input on what folks want in game, so for all of you who find it wanting time to speak up.

Oh and for completing the survey they give you 240 cryptic points.
are you past level 31 yet? i want someone to play with lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

WHile I have been logging on fairly late at night, I haven't seen a single one of you assholes for several days. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on February 27, 2010, 02:31:44 AM
WHile I have been logging on fairly late at night, I haven't seen a single one of you assholes for several days. :(

work and my dad flew into town tues night means no chance to log on. Gonna try to log in tomorrow for the fleet event, but then will be scarce all next week as well.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I don't play games during the week.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

don't have a lot of time during the week, which is spent divided between various games, hobbies, social obligations and marriage preparations.
So I'm on only erratically

Scipio

Working 8-5, then teaching three nights a week until after nine.  Not really any time, thanks.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Barrister

I'm not trying to guilt anyone into playing - I was just curious if people had stopped playing or were just on at different times.

I did my first PvP last night.  Problem is no one on Federation side was organized, so we all flew around aimlessly, then cloaked Klingons would pounce on us one by one.

Actually, lack of organization by the players is starting to irk me about this game.  In other DSEs or fleet actions, players will merrily blaze away at enemies, despite the fact they are not the right target for whatever mission we're on. :rolleyes:

Also the mission scaling is sometimes wonky.  I went into a DSE in Sirius sector, the newb area (I realized I had completed one of three, so figured I'd finish the mission off).  Most of the enemies were -14 to me, but some were scaled to my level.  Then apparently an Admiral showed up, because now all the mobs were +17 to me (and who nows how much higher to the players in Mirandas).

HVC

after finishing the crack in the mirror quest i don't seem to have any more quests?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Strix

Quote from: Barrister on February 27, 2010, 02:00:23 PM
I'm not trying to guilt anyone into playing - I was just curious if people had stopped playing or were just on at different times.

I did my first PvP last night.  Problem is no one on Federation side was organized, so we all flew around aimlessly, then cloaked Klingons would pounce on us one by one.

Actually, lack of organization by the players is starting to irk me about this game.  In other DSEs or fleet actions, players will merrily blaze away at enemies, despite the fact they are not the right target for whatever mission we're on. :rolleyes:

Also the mission scaling is sometimes wonky.  I went into a DSE in Sirius sector, the newb area (I realized I had completed one of three, so figured I'd finish the mission off).  Most of the enemies were -14 to me, but some were scaled to my level.  Then apparently an Admiral showed up, because now all the mobs were +17 to me (and who nows how much higher to the players in Mirandas).

I just got my new computer and the game. It's fun so far. I haven't seen anyone in Languish chat but not sure how to tell.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Start adding people as friends, then just check your friends list.  As I mentioned I haven't seen anyone on Languish for the last few days, but I will occasionally do a shout out just to see if anyone's there.

HVC