Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

The game going down isn't that bad - but it always seems to take 2 hours for them to bring it back up. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

sadly they really underestimated the amount of popularity of Star Trek I think when it came to how many servers they were gonna need.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Well, in WoW I had regular disconnects and server outages a couple months after they released it, so I'm not alarmed yet.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Emergency maintenance it is. "Log out!" Yeah, but only via task manager when stuck in a loading screen.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: Syt on January 31, 2010, 01:11:47 PM
Well, in WoW I had regular disconnects and server outages a couple months after they released it, so I'm not alarmed yet.

Oh I'm not about to give up on game 48 hours after headstart, but imagine how busy it will be come tues.

HVC

I got WoW when it first came out too, so it's not the bumpig that worries me, it's that the servers seem to be down for large chunks of time.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: katmai on January 31, 2010, 01:13:33 PM

Oh I'm not about to give up on game 48 hours after headstart, but imagine how busy it will be come tues.

Nevertheless, I bought the Lifer sub. I had some cash to burn, and it will be convenient to be able to drop into and out of the game without renewing any subs.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: Syt on January 31, 2010, 01:15:34 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 31, 2010, 01:13:33 PM

Nevertheless, I bought the Lifer sub. I had some cash to burn, and it will be convenient to be able to drop into and out of the game without renewing any subs.

same here.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai