Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 18, 2012, 04:11:36 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 18, 2012, 03:52:52 PM
got me an oddysey more or less for free a while ago. It's an okay ship
of course 50 green ones is way too much for that.

The Odyssey given away for the 2nd anniversary thing was completely free.  The ones in the C-Store have the same(ish) model, but different stats and shit.

I *think* the ship is the same, but it comes with some modules that make it awesome.

By the way - I am so pissed off I missed the 2nd aniversary weekend (and the chance to get an Odyssey). :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on March 18, 2012, 04:35:19 PM
I *think* the ship is the same, but it comes with some modules that make it awesome.

By the way - I am so pissed off I missed the 2nd aniversary weekend (and the chance to get an Odyssey). :mad:

Well, aside from the nifty consoles/modules, they have the different stats for TAC/ENG/SCI, although the free one probably shares the bonus with one of these.  Tactical has the weapons power (but can't equip dual cannons, I don't think.  Not that you'd want to, since the Odysseys turn like shit), ENG has the +5 all around, SCI has the aux and shields bonus and should also be able to shoot subsystems.  They also have different console configurations and bridge officer slots. 

The regular one has five boff slots, with one LTC universal, and a 2-4-3 console layout. The new ones all have two universal stations (an ensign and the LTC) with the same total number.
TAC consoles: 3-4-3
ENG: 2-5-3
SCI: 2-4-4

Personally, I think it's kind of lame that they made these all using the same basic model. 

Also, where's the 2,000C science vessel?  The other types have one (Prometheus that splits, Galaxy-X).  I guess it would have to be a pimped Luna or something, since they already used the Nebula.

Barrister

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on March 18, 2012, 10:22:27 PM
Burger - you play STO?

Occasionally.  My beta account still worked when F2P came along, so I made a dude on there.  Once I got to 50 though and ran through some STFs, I've kinda gotten bored with it again.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 19, 2012, 12:00:00 PM
Burger - you play STO?

Occasionally.  My beta account still worked when F2P came along, so I made a dude on there.  Once I got to 50 though and ran through some STFs, I've kinda gotten bored with it again.

Which do you prefer:  Star Trek or Star Wars? 
I haven't tried ST yet, but looking over their website, the concept of having, like, an entire ship's crew at your disposable is interesting.  More replay value than SW?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2012, 12:01:18 PM
I haven't tried ST yet, but looking over their website, the concept of having, like, an entire ship's crew at your disposable is interesting.  More replay value than SW?

I still haven't played TOR. 

STO is an alright game though.  It killed a good amount of time while I worked up to 50.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2012, 12:01:18 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 19, 2012, 12:00:00 PM
Burger - you play STO?

They're very different games.

TOR  has all the voice overs and personal storyline - STO doesn't have any of it.

On the other hand STO is really two games in one - there is the ground game, but also the space game.  You do get to fly around in your ship, upgrading it as you go, and blow stuff up.

TOR is much more polished, and looks prettier.  On the other hand I got tired of it for the moment because combat felt so monotonous.  STO does have several other game elements now - the space combat, and the whole Duty Officer system.

But the damn thing is free to play.  Download it and see what you think.

Barrister

Holy crap what a clusterfuck.

I've actually been playing a lot of STO since it went free to play.  Lots of new players, lots of new development.

However...

Cryptic realized they had some kind of security breach in December 2010.  Account names and passwords may have been compromised (though they're not sure about credit cards).  So they re-set everyone's passwords.

Trouble is I no longer have access to my email from 2009.  Which has caused me problems in the past, but I have mostly changed my email everywhere.  Didn't realize I hadn't changed it in STO.

So I might just be fucked.  My lifetime membership, my cash purchases - all gone.

I think they're probably inundated right now with similar complaints, but we'll see if I get any satisfaction.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2012, 10:25:28 PM

I've actually been playing a lot of STO since it went free to play.  Lots of new players, lots of new development.

However...

Cryptic realized they had some kind of security breach in December 2010.  Account names and passwords may have been compromised (though they're not sure about credit cards).  So they re-set everyone's passwords.

Trouble is I no longer have access to my email from 2009.  Which has caused me problems in the past, but I have mostly changed my email everywhere.  Didn't realize I hadn't changed it in STO.

So I might just be fucked.  My lifetime membership, my cash purchases - all gone.

I think they're probably inundated right now with similar complaints, but we'll see if I get any satisfaction.
your payment details (the bankwould have a record of that), the email you used to 'subscribe' and any other data that might identify you as you would have corresponding records at their end no? Shouldn't that allow identification and restoration of access?

Barrister

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 26, 2012, 01:59:24 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2012, 10:25:28 PM

However...

your payment details (the bankwould have a record of that), the email you used to 'subscribe' and any other data that might identify you as you would have corresponding records at their end no? Shouldn't that allow identification and restoration of access?

It should.  However Cryptic / Perfect World do not have Blizzard-like levels of customer support.

Barrister

Perfect World emailed me back.  Apparently they will call me, confirm some things, and then re-set the account.

Trouble is they can't promise when they'll call me.

Barrister

Syt / katmai - I think you guys also have lifer accounts, even though you aren't playing ATM.  Your password has almost certainly been reset.  I'd recommend getting that fixed.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2012, 03:19:30 PM
Perfect World emailed me back.  Apparently they will call me, confirm some things, and then re-set the account.

Don't sweat it;  it'll take some time, but they can backtrack that stuff to you.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2012, 03:22:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2012, 03:19:30 PM

Don't sweat it;  it'll take some time, but they can backtrack that stuff to you.

No, I wasn't hacked.

Rather, because Cryptic discovered they had a security breach a year and a half ago they re-set a lot of older accounts, like mine.  But because I don't have access to my old email account I can't actually re-set the password.

crazy canuck

So that email I got about my password being reset was legit?