A question about Mass Effect 1. Or better, some questions about it.

Started by Pedrito, January 27, 2010, 09:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Quote from: grumbler on January 27, 2010, 04:15:14 PM
Pedrito, get Fallout 3.
:huh: Either you didn't read the thread, or you're kidding me.  :hmm:
Fallout 3 fits almost perfectly the genre of games that I don't enjoy playing...

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

grumbler

Quote from: Pedrito on January 29, 2010, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 27, 2010, 04:15:14 PM
Pedrito, get Fallout 3.
:huh: Either you didn't read the thread, or you're kidding me.  :hmm:
Fallout 3 fits almost perfectly the genre of games that I don't enjoy playing...

L.
Sorry, I thought you were looking for an RPG that just had action elements, which Fallout 3 is.  It doesn't allow one to eschew violence almost completely (like Fallout 2 did, for instance), but there is plenty of role-playing.  Far more than, say, DA:O, which is just a series of fights.

FO3 has lots, of fights, for sure, so it isn't exactly what you are looking for (if I understood you right), but so does NWN.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Pedrito

Another question: is ME (or Fallout 3, or ME2) playable with a gamepad on the PC?
Because what really pisses me off is the whole mouse+keyboard control mode, I never really managed to get used to it.
If this is the case, I could give those games a try :shifty:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 09, 2010, 10:20:18 AM
FO3, yes.

How many buttons do you really need for FO3...I have a SNES pad that's been USBified; if that would work, that might be the way for me to go.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

I have a couple of questions about ME myself

1.  The AI allies seem to be pretty stupid, I have just left the Citadel for the first time and these guys are constantly getting killed in battle.  They don't seem very smart when it comes to finding cover, even when I point them right at it; anyone else have this problem?

2. I am having problems finding a good volume.  The characters voices in the game are much, much lower than their voices in the cut scenes.  If I can hear them in game it is absurdly too loud when a cut scene comes.  I don't see a voice volume setting in the Options.  Any ideas?