Wisconsin inmate loses Dungeons and Dragons fight

Started by jimmy olsen, January 26, 2010, 10:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on January 27, 2010, 06:03:34 AM
Something tells me that big Jemal from the street isn't going to be the kind of guy to sit down and pretend to be a halfling....
I suppose having D&D nerds in clear sight encourages other prisoners to get togeter and lynch them though.

That something is called "racism".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

I suspect the real problem is that for some D&D types, being imprisioned and allowed to play as much AD&D as they want all day every day just isn't that bad.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

Lol.. they can't play fantasy games because of the possible behavior that may come out of such games (nerdiness, dorkiness). Yeah, real nasty, dangerous, anti-social behavior there. Worried about fantasy gangs in prison?? I thought gangs were the usual thing in prison!! So break up some of the other violent gangs instead!! Fantasy stuff seems to be just another hobby or activity.

Razgovory

Generally you want inmates focuses on something in prison.  When they are sitting there doing nothing they will occupy their time finding something that makes the lives of the guards difficult.  That's why they let TVs in prisons.  If they are watching the boob tube they aren't making knives or flinging shit at guards.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

D&D does suck ass so banning it seems fine. Give them real RPGs (and no GURPS isn't it).

Or maybe this is a 3.5 vs 4 fight? I wonder which side is backing 4. :bleeding:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: The Brain on January 27, 2010, 02:08:42 PM
D&D does suck ass so banning it seems fine. Give them real RPGs (and no GURPS isn't it).

Or maybe this is a 3.5 vs 4 fight? I wonder which side is backing 4. :bleeding:

4 is suck.  So is GURPS, but at least it's the only system where I can get Discworld RPG rulebooks. :contract:
Experience bij!