News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CdM officially jumps off the Obama Express

Started by CountDeMoney, January 24, 2010, 11:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: grumbler on January 25, 2010, 07:37:33 AMNorth Korea and Iran.  Priority 1 means that you have first dibs on resources and capabilities, and that you maintain military targeting data up-to-date.  There is absolutely no reason to have China as a priority 1 intel target, as military operations against it are not even contemplated.
Just them two?  If so then China's very clearly the odd one out and I entirely agree.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 26, 2010, 06:02:51 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 25, 2010, 07:37:33 AMNorth Korea and Iran.  Priority 1 means that you have first dibs on resources and capabilities, and that you maintain military targeting data up-to-date.  There is absolutely no reason to have China as a priority 1 intel target, as military operations against it are not even contemplated.
Just them two?  If so then China's very clearly the odd one out and I entirely agree.

JUST ONE MINUTE MY FRIEND
NK, Iran, China and Russia were all Priority 1s.  Until now.

Hansmeister

I'm still pissed I can't use thumb drives at work anymore because the chinese were loading software onto thumb drives that would hack into our systems and steal data.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hansmeister on January 26, 2010, 07:01:00 PM
I'm still pissed I can't use thumb drives at work anymore because the chinese were loading software onto thumb drives that would hack into our systems and steal data.

Those devices should be illegal anyhow.

Jaron

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 26, 2010, 08:14:31 PM

Why should they be illegal? That seems very extreme.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

Quote from: Jaron on January 26, 2010, 09:20:06 PM
Any device made by a company that does business in China should be illegal.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: derspiess on January 25, 2010, 09:36:15 PM
As much as I hate the term "cyber-war", aren't we pretty much in one with China right now?

China is, but for some reason the US doesn't seem to be taking it very seriously.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Fate

Quote from: Ancient Demon on January 26, 2010, 10:50:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 25, 2010, 09:36:15 PM
As much as I hate the term "cyber-war", aren't we pretty much in one with China right now?

China is, but for some reason the US doesn't seem to be taking it very seriously.
If only the government would listen to internet crackpots about the looming chicom threat over our telephone lines!  :rolleyes:

MadImmortalMan

Huge information security risk.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

I don't see any reason to make them illegal though, despite that fact.  I do see a reason to ban them at places such as CIA headquarters, of course.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

You walk into Legg Mason, Constellation Energy, T Rowe Price or any other institution that deals with commodities with one of them, and you're fired immediately.  Private sector don't play.