News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

45 Americans claim asylum in Britain

Started by jimmy olsen, January 25, 2010, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

45 Americans and 15 Canadians.

Let's see. Going by a population ratio using 300 million Americans and 30 million Canadians, that works out to...

Well, you're roughly 3 times more likely to claim asylum in the UK if you're from Canada than if you're from the US.

:lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

alfred russel

QuoteLiza Schuster, an asylum expert from the department of sociology at City University, said: "I don't know the details of those cases, but assume the US citizens are deserting before being sent to somewhere like Afghanistan. With the Canadians I'm really not sure.

What does this mean? Americans are prone to be scared about going into Afghanistan, but Canadians are not?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 26, 2010, 12:23:22 PM
45 Americans and 15 Canadians.

Let's see. Going by a population ratio using 300 million Americans and 30 million Canadians, that works out to...

Well, you're roughly 3 times more likely to claim asylum in the UK if you're from Canada than if you're from the US.

:lol:

Harper is ruling his people with an iron fist. :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 26, 2010, 11:13:50 AM
I've got several cases of Spam.
You can use those cases of Spam to attract Nautica Thorn.  True story.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on January 26, 2010, 12:40:03 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 26, 2010, 11:13:50 AM
I've got several cases of Spam.
You can use those cases of Spam to attract Nautica Thorn.  True story.

Who is Nautica Thorn and why would I want to?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I'll leave it to someone else to explain who Nautica Thorn is to you.  Mainly cause I'm at work.  :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points