And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3: Magna Mundi to be its own Game

Started by Drakken, January 21, 2010, 10:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2010, 06:59:24 PM
P'dox is now milking it all the time!

They've been downhill ever since they subcontracted a patch for EU2, then even had the audacity to charge for it.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Alexandru H.

Yep. I still refuse to pay for a game I already  own, that received only several cosmetic changes. As for the "thousands of possibilities for modders" feature, it's actually surprising how many people are in love with a feature that doesn't do shit for the game at this moment. Frankly, the "we wanted to capture the true spirit of EU2 by leaving 99% of the original game intact" explanation is just another version of "Paradox fanboys are stupid".

Don't get me started on the Paradox convention, that has grand announcements like: "We changed the look of the website" or "We present a new HoI3 Patch"...

garbon

Quote from: Alexandru H. on January 22, 2010, 04:48:12 AM
Yep. I still refuse to pay for a game I already  own, that received only several cosmetic changes. As for the "thousands of possibilities for modders" feature, it's actually surprising how many people are in love with a feature that doesn't do shit for the game at this moment. Frankly, the "we wanted to capture the true spirit of EU2 by leaving 99% of the original game intact" explanation is just another version of "Paradox fanboys are stupid".

:yawn:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alexandru H.

Quote from: garbon on January 22, 2010, 06:16:16 AM
Quote from: Alexandru H. on January 22, 2010, 04:48:12 AM

:yawn:

Tell you what, I bet I can help anyone that has problems with FtG with only my EU2 knowledge. It wouldn't be hard... most of the questions on the FtG subforum are answered in the same way: "It's changed a little", "similar combat graph as EU2 with some changes" etc... At least, the developers of Arsenal of Democracy seem to have really changed several significant things from the original game. Not just the fundamental "troops on political mode"...

I can understand new players that get into EU2's universe for the first time. It's perfectly legitimate to show this as a brand new game. But to maintain among people that have 8 years of EU2 under their belt that this is not a glorified patch, but something superior in all fields ('cos it's constantly improving...) it's simply dishonest. The "modders will have a chance to try new things" excuse will not work, but you'll witness it pretty soon. Most of them will port their EU2 mod to FtG, without any significant change. Why should they? In EU2/FTG events and the map are pretty much the only significant things you can modify... and those already were played to death in EU2's AGCEEP/MyMap/Kasperus' Map.

---

Meanwhile, Magna Mundi seems to be developed as a full-fledged game instead of an old game repackaged with a mod ("It's a new game using the same design approach of the mod. We are not going to repackage the mod into a game. Otherwise a 18 month development cycle would never be necessary."). Good for them.

garbon

Actually Alexander I think you've been creating fictional statements for yourself. Our line has always been that we want to keep changing things and in fact have had new programmers join the team.  What may not have been said is that unfortunately P'dox runs a business and they set the release date.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.