John Edwards: "Yep, I am indeed a liar and a giant douchebag!"

Started by Caliga, January 21, 2010, 07:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on January 22, 2010, 03:25:52 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 22, 2010, 12:09:09 PM
Reminds me of perhaps the most obnoxious thing one could possibly buy as a gift for a baby shower:

A onesie for a newborn with the slogan "Daddy shoulda asked for a blowjob".  :D
OH SNAP, I wish I knew about this when my niece had her first birthday party.  :(

My mother actually gave Carl a hat that said "Chick Magnet" on it.

She was horrified when my wife explained what that meant.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I would guess she thought it meant "Carl attracts chicks (maybe just female babies?) to himself because he's so cute", not "Malthus can get pussy because he's walking around with a cute baby".
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 22, 2010, 03:55:58 PM
What did she think it meant?  :huh:

It had a picture of a cute cartoon chick on it (the small yellow baby bird variety).

She thought it meant some sort of babyland vision of toddlers playing with little chicks, who would be attracted by their cuteness or something like that.

Keep in mind, she's over 70.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Folks, never in my wildest dreams did I think this story would get any better.

BUT IT DOES.

Yeah, I know this could be untrue... but I hope to Hod it isn't.  Not because I want to see that nasty Realian chick nude, but purely for the LULZies.

QuoteJanuary 27, 2010 | 11:16 AM ET
John Edwards, Rielle Hunter sex tape made when she was pregnant?
(AP/National Enquirer)

Andrew Young, one of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards' former aides, has written a book, "The Politician," due to hit bookshelves on February 2.

In it, Young reveals how he was pressured into claiming paternity for Rielle Hunter's daughter, Francis Quinn, the child who Edwards admitted last week to fathering.

Young also includes descriptions in the book of a sex video featuring Edwards and Hunter that he says he saw, a source tells Fox411.com exclusively.

"It is not a coincidence that John announced that Francis Quinn is his biological daughter with Rielle," said the source. "He knows many secrets are coming out this week and with the book. There will be a lot of surprising things revealed over the next few weeks."

The source said Young believes the sex video, which he described as very graphic, was filmed when Hunter was already pregnant.

The insider also said that Edwards will do his best never to let it be seen, unless he needs the money.

More details will be likely be revealed on "20/20" Friday night, when Bob Woodruff interviews Young about the book and working for John Edwards, the source adds.

Edwards said on Thursday that he would "do everything in my power to provide her (Frances) with the love and support she deserves," adding that "it was wrong for me ever to deny she was my daughter and hopefully one day, when she understands, she will forgive me."

- Kelly Will

DGuller

Oh, wow.  Edwards looks like a douchebag even when he apologizes for being a douchebag.  I hope he's sued for all his money, and can't make a dishonest living anymore.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on January 27, 2010, 01:25:29 PM
and can't make a dishonest living anymore.

Oh, I'm sure he can go back to being a plaintiff's lawyer.  :rimshot:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on January 27, 2010, 01:29:50 PM

The "not make" part was also a wish.  Can't he be disbarred if he's convicted of some wrong-doing?

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on January 27, 2010, 01:32:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 27, 2010, 01:29:50 PM

The "not make" part was also a wish.  Can't he be disbarred if he's convicted of some wrong-doing?

Yes, but lying about a mistress is not something that would attract that kind of sanction (or any kind of sanction).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DisturbedPervert

The insider also said that Edwards will do his best never to let it be seen, unless he needs the money.

:lol:

I would love to see the day John Edwards is so broke he's selling old sex tapes on the internet

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 27, 2010, 02:09:32 PM

:lol:

I would love to see the day John Edwards is so broke he's selling old sex tapes on the internet

Once upon a time, I'm sure a handful of people said that about Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee.
Experience bij!

KRonn

Wow, this just gets more and more bizarre. He could have gotten less grief over fathering the kid if he had owned up to it early on. It would have hurt him politically, no President or VP, but wouldn't have been the horror show for him that he faces now. That is with the cover up, possibly including misuse of campaign funds, people lying for him which may wind up being added criminal charges, then later on coming clean on things, in the face of a book coming out about it all forcing him to do so. 

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on January 27, 2010, 01:44:14 PM
Yes, but lying about a mistress is not something that would attract that kind of sanction (or any kind of sanction).
No, but paying her off from the campaign funds might.

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on January 27, 2010, 03:31:09 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 27, 2010, 01:44:14 PM
No, but paying her off from the campaign funds might.
:yes:

Like I said earlier, this is what a grand jury is currently reviewing and could land him some serious jail time.  I think that would result in him being automatically disbarred.