News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CK bug help

Started by Admiral Yi, January 20, 2010, 11:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

My count is a gamer. He isn't going to let a bout of blindness keep him from the battlefield.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Is there a way to turn off diplo vassalization? England just conquered Ireland by asking nicely.  :wacko:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: ulmont on April 22, 2010, 12:40:38 PM
Probably.  Severely Wounded may qualify, and probably a few other traits I forgot (blind, however, does not excuse a leader).
Severely wounded, pneumonia, and plague.

PRC

alfred russel

Another question, what is the point of allies? I started two wars, and neither time did my ally join in. Then I got attacked, and my ally didn't help either.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on April 22, 2010, 10:46:41 PM
Another question, what is the point of allies? I started two wars, and neither time did my ally join in. Then I got attacked, and my ally didn't help either.
Deterrence.  I think the AI takes your ally into account when deciding attack/don't attack.

Solmyr

My allies usually join, as long as the target is not too far away from them.

Barrister

I have to admit I really don't bother much with alliances in any Paradox game.  Too much bother, for too little assistance.

I'll try and get small (but independent) powers that I am trying to woo into alliances with me so I can protect them if attacked, but I don't bother trying to ally with other, large powers.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2010, 12:21:59 PM

I have to admit I really don't bother much with alliances in any Paradox game.  Too much bother, for too little assistance.

I'll try and get small (but independent) powers that I am trying to woo into alliances with me so I can protect them if attacked, but I don't bother trying to ally with other, large powers.

When you have one poor Irish province and that is it, you need all the help you can get. You really have to play your cards right to conquer someone.

garbon

Did you know that in the scenario no one ever plays (1337), Asia Minor and the Il-Khanate were set up by your very own Garbon?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Also, half the current event files credit Martinus.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on April 23, 2010, 08:52:27 PM
Did you know that in the scenario no one ever plays (1337), Asia Minor and the Il-Khanate were set up by your very own Garbon?

I've played 1337.  It's fun to play the Kingdom of Jerusalem.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.