News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CK bug help

Started by Admiral Yi, January 20, 2010, 11:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on January 21, 2010, 12:23:48 PM
Just click that Guillaume de Garland guy, open the console with F12 and type "die". Either a successor or some random dude will take over his county.
Did that, he's still zombie count.

And how do I close the console?

Zanza

Hmm, strange. He should be replaced with that command.

You press F12 again to close it.

alfred russel

So I downloaded this game. I'm playing as a one province count in ireland for DV. How do I turn into 2 provinces? Any time I go to war I'm going to have the siege stolen by my duke, and I can't become independent from my duke because he has 4 provinces and would crush me.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Expanding from one county to more is very difficult.  In Ireland it is probably impossible.  As you have found out your Duke can easily steal your seiges.  You have to wait till your Duke is somewhere else.  But even then you run the risk of exceeding your demesne limit quite quickly.

Honestly, I had my most fun playing as a Duke in CK.  It gave you enough options when you get started, and trying to then become a King was challenge enough.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2010, 11:40:03 AM
Expanding from one county to more is very difficult.  In Ireland it is probably impossible.  As you have found out your Duke can easily steal your seiges.  You have to wait till your Duke is somewhere else.  But even then you run the risk of exceeding your demesne limit quite quickly.

Honestly, I had my most fun playing as a Duke in CK.  It gave you enough options when you get started, and trying to then become a King was challenge enough.

Does your duke always join you in war? There are some dukes that I have claims on, and maybe I could win the seige before my duke shows up. However, I'd lose the wars if my duke didn't join me.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Barrister

Yes, your duke will join you.

And that's pretty much why I gave up on playing individual counties - unless you plan to go pagan hunting.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2010, 11:58:35 AM

And that's pretty much why I gave up on playing individual counties - unless you plan to go pagan hunting.

Interesting--who would be the leader in the war? If the Duke signs a peace, does that end my war too?

ulmont

Quote from: alfred russel on April 22, 2010, 12:01:06 PM
Interesting--who would be the leader in the war? If the Duke signs a peace, does that end my war too?

If the Duke signs a peace, it binds you.  If the Duke puts troops in with yours to siege a province, the Duke gets control after the siege ends.

Welcome to the feudal era.  :(

Barrister

Yup.

Remember, I'm trying to tell you playing as a Count is not much fun. :console:

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2010, 12:04:11 PM

Yeah.  I highly recommend the Duke of Apulia to start with.  Independent, reasonably strong, great position to crusade from, etc.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2010, 12:04:11 PM

Yup.

So the way to get that second province:

1. Declare war on someone you have a claim
2. Take a province or two while your duke is sieging other provinces
3. Make a separate peace before the duke ends the war

alfred russel

One more question: Does my count have to lead my army? I have a guy with 22 military, and my count is blind with worms. I think my people will understand if he sits the war out.

ulmont

Quote from: alfred russel on April 22, 2010, 12:18:15 PM
One more question: Does my count have to lead my army? I have a guy with 22 military, and my count is blind with worms. I think my people will understand if he sits the war out.

No, they won't.  IIRC, the order is as follows:

1) Ruler - if male and 16+.
2) Marshal - if present.
3...n) Other male courtiers 16+.
n+1) Unled.

If you had 2 provinces, you could raise the smaller regiment first, with your Count, then the larger one with your God of War.  If you only have one province, though, you're screwed.

Barrister

I think some leaders are so infirm they don't lead any armies...

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2010, 12:34:51 PM
I think some leaders are so infirm they don't lead any armies...

Probably.  Severely Wounded may qualify, and probably a few other traits I forgot (blind, however, does not excuse a leader).