News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CK bug help

Started by Admiral Yi, January 20, 2010, 11:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

You guys know how sometimes when you create a new bishopric the program pukes and leaves him in your court and doesn't show his shield on the province?  Usually when that has happened to me I just play on and everything gets cleared out when the bishop dies.  Game I'm playing now the dude croaked but it's still not showing any shield. 

I can build in the province, it doesn't count against my efficiency, I can't give it away to anyone.  I'm afraid if I save and reload it'll just be a crash palace.  One time before I saved while the phantom bishop was still alive and it crashed every time I reloaded.

So, is there some way I can fix this?  I assume it involves editing the save file.  If so, be forewarned that I am cherry and need the boneheadedest of boneheaded instructions.

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2010, 11:31:12 PM
You guys know how sometimes when you create a new bishopric the program pukes and leaves him in your court and doesn't show his shield on the province?  Usually when that has happened to me I just play on and everything gets cleared out when the bishop dies.  Game I'm playing now the dude croaked but it's still not showing any shield. 

I can build in the province, it doesn't count against my efficiency, I can't give it away to anyone.  I'm afraid if I save and reload it'll just be a crash palace.  One time before I saved while the phantom bishop was still alive and it crashed every time I reloaded.

So, is there some way I can fix this?  I assume it involves editing the save file.  If so, be forewarned that I am cherry and need the boneheadedest of boneheaded instructions.

Gah.  I'd need to see the save and have you talk about the bishop (like, what's his name and what province does he have) to be sure what was happening.  I would suggest editing the bishop back to life by deleting the "deathdate" line, but that's just a start.

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2010, 11:38:36 PM
:weep:

Dude, upload the save to rapidshare or something, post a link, and tell me the name of the bishop and his province.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: ulmont on January 20, 2010, 11:42:25 PM
Dude, upload the save to rapidshare or something, post a link, and tell me the name of the bishop and his province.
Uh, how do I upload something to rapidshare?

Would emailing you the save file work?

You're a prince, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2010, 11:45:04 PM
Would emailing you the save file work?

Yeah, that's fine...for me.  Of course, that doesn't work for anyone else that wants to get involved.

I hope you have the Deus Vult expansion installed?  Otherwise, helping you will be extremely annoying but not impossible.

Admiral Yi

Also, how do I get to the log to get the bishop's name?  I thought you clicked on the little gold bunting on the far left but that's not working for me.

:weep:

p.s. No expansion.

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2010, 11:50:11 PM
Also, how do I get to the log to get the bishop's name?  I thought you clicked on the little gold bunting on the far left but that's not working for me.

Well, if the fucker's in your court, you can click on the little linkies from your realm to figure out his name.

What province is he nominally controlling?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: ulmont on January 20, 2010, 11:51:51 PM
Well, if the fucker's in your court, you can click on the little linkies from your realm to figure out his name.

What province is he nominally controlling?
He's dead and not showing up in my vassal list.

The province is Empuries.

Admiral Yi

I tried to email you the save file but it looks like it's so big it freezes up my Outlook.  Oh well.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2010, 11:45:04 PM
Quote from: ulmont on January 20, 2010, 11:42:25 PM
Uh, how do I upload something to rapidshare?

Go here

http://www.rapidshare.com/

Select the file
Click the Upload button
Paste the link here

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2010, 12:31:42 AM
I tried to email you the save file but it looks like it's so big it freezes up my Outlook.  Oh well.
when you wish to send a large file to only one individual, you can use this service:
http://www.transferbigfiles.com/
You simply upload your file and type the email of the recepient.  he/she will receive the link to download the file.

Rapidshare (and Megaupload and other services like that) are great when you want to share a file to multiple people you don't have the e-mail, though.  But there's a small delay for everyone who wants to download a file from these services (unless they are paying subscribers).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

OK, session crashed so I reloaded that save, expecting it to crash on opening.  Loaded OK, now I've got the shield showing up, with my control flag on it, ruled by a count, Guillame de Garland, who is still dead.

Zanza

Just click that Guillaume de Garland guy, open the console with F12 and type "die". Either a successor or some random dude will take over his county.