Obama to double down if Brown wins.

Started by jimmy olsen, January 19, 2010, 07:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2010, 08:57:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 19, 2010, 08:56:39 PM
I wonder if you can still pay him to take off his clothes after he's elected.
Earlier I predicted that the gay vote would put him over the top.  :cool:

I suspect that's true.  Worthless cocksuckers. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2010, 09:01:16 PM
As garbon goes, so goes the nation.  :showoff:

My platform still needs more work.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on January 19, 2010, 09:02:57 PM
I suspect that's true.  Worthless cocksuckers. <_<
Coakley failed to go into detail about her great love of bottoming and glory holes.  :(

DGuller

Caliga

Neil

Well, I guess we should be expecting someone coming along to tell us that this is the end of the Democratic party.

Still, it'll be nice that they have to reign in their smugness.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

CNN and Fox both just called it for Brown.

HECKUVA JOB BROWNIE  :bowler:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on January 19, 2010, 06:09:07 PM

It didn't work for Clinton in '93-'94.  The Republicans blocked health care Reform, and were rewarded with a Congressional majority.

I think Obama is in a different position than Clinton.  Both Clinton and Obama made health care reform a center piece of their campaigns, but Clinton didn't have the majority popular vote, while Obama did.  More importantly Obama is a gifted demagogue and has a knack for finding scapegoats; while Clinton's attempts at demonizing his opponents usually came across as whining.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Fate

Republicans have saved the Union from the abyss. Now the fight begins to stop any significant legislation from passing until 2011.  :showoff:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Faeelin on January 19, 2010, 08:04:16 AM
I wonder. It's a bit much to say that Obama's policies have had nothign to do with the Democrat loss in Massachussetts, and New Jersey, and Virginia.
I think that would be overstating it. 

But here's what I notice about those three races that I think is quite interesting.  In MA you have a liberal Republican - from  what he's said in the past - and in Virginia you had a socially conservative Republican running as a pragmatic, government-focused guy and in New Jersey you have the same. 

In the UK by-elections are very different from general ones.  People feel they can make a statement, they tend to be far more localised rather than deciding the next government and the parties very often try out new tactics there.  I don't know if it's the same in the US.  However these look to me like the Republican equivalent of the sort of candidates that Rahm was recruiting in 2006.  If the Republicans are able to do that nationwide then I think they could have a very good year.  If, however, on a national level they go more of the Sarah Palin route then I think the Democrats may lose seats due to dissatisfaction - but it'll be like Tip O'Neill's victory, not Gingrich's.

I've always said that I agree with that old saying that oppositions don't win elections, governments lose them.  But I add one proviso that all an opposition party has to do is appear responsible and ready for government.  If the face of the GOP in 2010 is like Brown, Christie or McDonnell then I think they could do very well (I'd add Pawlentey - though I loath him - and Boehner to that list).  If however they are represented by people like Palin, Cantor and you see known quantities lose primary challenges to conservatives then though they may win a few seats it'll get them little.
Let's bomb Russia!