U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Started by PRC, January 18, 2010, 03:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Sheilbh

It seems rather tasteless giving them to Afghan allies.  Like giving them bullets coated in pi.....
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on January 18, 2010, 04:20:53 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 03:58:06 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 18, 2010, 03:35:04 PM

That fundies are stupid? That is no surprise, at least not to me.  :P

What indication, other than this article, do you have that says this company is run by fundies?

If you have some prior knowledge of their conduct, I can accept that this should come as no surprise to you, but otherwise you're just grand standing.

Res ipsa loquitur:P

Yes, does circle argumentation ever work for you?  :huh:

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 18, 2010, 04:33:08 PM
It seems rather tasteless giving them to Afghan allies.  Like giving them bullets coated in pi.....
maybe muslims or whatever need to be less stuck up.

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 04:45:34 PM

It isn't circular. We have a data point - a company whose founder thinks it a good idea to put NT quotes on their products.

Any betting people wish to bet on what chance the company wasn't founded by a fundy?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadBurgerMaker

I'm having trouble giving any sort of shits about this.  :(   

Edit:  I'm trying to find it in this picture:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/78/US_Marine_M16A4_Rifle_ACOG.jpg

but can't be sure where it is. 

According to the photo in the ABC article, it seems like it should be in that little stamped stuff there kinda on the bottom, but even at that size, I can't read it to be sure.  If it is there, is it that whole thing, or is there a jumble of numbers/letters right next to it (like a serial number or model number or something)?

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on January 18, 2010, 04:52:37 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 04:45:34 PM

It isn't circular. We have a data point - a company whose founder thinks it a good idea to put NT quotes on their products.

Any betting people wish to bet on what chance the company wasn't founded by a fundy?

We have a, ie ONE data point. For you to be unsurprised, we require at the very least two.

Unless of course you do not need a data point specifically for this company, but rather rely on generalization and prejudice to supply posteriori data. Of course, I know that you are a glowing ball of jewish light, and would never stoop to letting your prejudice guide you, and thus we are back to square one, with my suggestion that you, in fact, simply misspelled several words of the original sentence.

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 05:02:33 PM
We have a, ie ONE data point. For you to be unsurprised, we require at the very least two.

Um, why?

QuoteUnless of course you do not need a data point specifically for this company, but rather rely on generalization and prejudice to supply posteriori data. Of course, I know that you are a glowing ball of jewish light, and would never stoop to letting your prejudice guide you, and thus we are back to square one, with my suggestion that you, in fact, simply misspelled several words of the original sentence.

Heh, I'm not prejudiced against people putting Jesus quotes on military hardware; I just think they are stupid if they aren't doing it ironically.  :D

Edit: from the article:

QuoteThe company's vision is described on its Web site: "Guided by our values, we endeavor to have our products used wherever precision aiming solutions are required to protect individual freedom."

"We believe that America is great when its people are good," says the Web site. "This goodness has been based on Biblical standards throughout our history, and we will strive to follow those morals."

Are you claiming these aren't clearly fundies? Get real!  :lmfao:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadBurgerMaker

Oh nevermind...there are more pictures on the ABC site:

:rolleyes:  Oh noes.

Edit:  Heh.  Interesting verses, considering what they're stamped on.

Quote from: 2 Corinthians 4:6For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,"[a]made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Quote from: John 8:12When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Edit2:  And why does the article call them secret Jesus codes?

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on January 18, 2010, 05:09:12 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 05:02:33 PM

Um, why?

QuoteUnless of course you do not need a data point specifically for this company, but rather rely on generalization and prejudice to supply posteriori data. Of course, I know that you are a glowing ball of jewish light, and would never stoop to letting your prejudice guide you, and thus we are back to square one, with my suggestion that you, in fact, simply misspelled several words of the original sentence.

Heh, I'm not prejudiced against people putting Jesus quotes on military hardware; I just think they are stupid if they aren't doing it ironically.  :D

Edit: from the article:

QuoteThe company's vision is described on its Web site: "Guided by our values, we endeavor to have our products used wherever precision aiming solutions are required to protect individual freedom."

"We believe that America is great when its people are good," says the Web site. "This goodness has been based on Biblical standards throughout our history, and we will strive to follow those morals."

Are you claiming these aren't clearly fundies? Get real!  :lmfao:

I lack the endurance to explain my point more clearly than I already have, so I'm going to leave it.

This is the second time today, though, that a poster I generally perceive as relatively intelligent just doesn't seem to have their brain set to "think". Makes me wonder. :huh:

Savonarola

Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 05:23:02 PM

I lack the endurance to explain my point more clearly than I already have, so I'm going to leave it.

This is the second time today, though, that a poster I generally perceive as relatively intelligent just doesn't seem to have their brain set to "think". Makes me wonder. :huh:

Maybe you're a poor judge of relative intelligence.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

Quote from: Savonarola on January 18, 2010, 05:25:23 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 18, 2010, 05:23:02 PM

Maybe you're a poor judge of relative intelligence.

Not at all unlikely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 18, 2010, 04:51:11 PM
maybe muslims or whatever need to be less stuck up.
I've definitely learned that the problem in this story is the Muslims.  I should have known really.
Let's bomb Russia!