News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This is no cave

Started by Monoriu, January 18, 2010, 12:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Our travel agent in HK offered us a US$600 refund, and a 5% discount on future packages. 

Their staff also say it is unlikely that they will continue their relationship with their Sri Lankan partners. 

Should we take it, or should we press for more?

The Brain

Demand a t-shirt and a baseball cap as well.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on March 05, 2010, 03:44:32 AM
Our travel agent in HK offered us a US$600 refund, and a 5% discount on future packages. 

Their staff also say it is unlikely that they will continue their relationship with their Sri Lankan partners. 

Haggling is in your blood.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2010, 03:57:32 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 05, 2010, 03:44:32 AM

Haggling is in your blood.

This is not their first offer.  The first one was like US$450. 

Admiral Yi

Then whatever you're doing, keep it up.

How much did the whole shebang cost?

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2010, 04:00:27 AM

It is tough to calculate the cost of the Sri Lankan trip, because we also went to Bangkok after we left Columbo.  US$600 should more than cover the guided tour part of the entire journey, though :contract:

Josquius

I've no clue what consumer protection laws and that sort of thing are like in Hong Kong. If they're like in Britain you could press for a lot more via the courts and 'mental anguish' and all that crap but for some reason I'm betting they're not (rampant capitalism and all that).
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on March 05, 2010, 04:29:47 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2010, 04:00:27 AM

It is tough to calculate the cost of the Sri Lankan trip, because we also went to Bangkok after we left Columbo.  US$600 should more than cover the guided tour part of the entire journey, though :contract:
Then I'd take it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Quote from: Tyr on March 05, 2010, 06:51:53 AM
I've no clue what consumer protection laws and that sort of thing are like in Hong Kong. If they're like in Britain you could press for a lot more via the courts and 'mental anguish' and all that crap but for some reason I'm betting they're not (rampant capitalism and all that).

There is no evidence.  It is just our word vs his. 

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on March 05, 2010, 04:29:47 AM
Then I think the $600 back plus another $200 for your incovenience should do it.

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on March 05, 2010, 06:51:53 AM
consumer protection laws in Hong Kong?  You're kidding, right?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.