Supreme Court Justices Know Nothing About the NFL.

Started by jimmy olsen, January 16, 2010, 03:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on January 17, 2010, 05:13:19 AM
No, I meant football. Elites watch baseball. It's like in Europe, where the rabble watches soccer.
:lol: There's no correlation in the US between class and sports preference.  As far as baseball goes, Fenway park during a Red Sox game is loaded with more lowlife drunks than you can possibly imagine.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on January 17, 2010, 05:13:19 AMNo, I meant football. Elites watch baseball. It's like in Europe, where the rabble watches soccer.
So that's why all the new stadiums have lots and lots of VIP boxes for corporate customers and the like.

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on January 17, 2010, 06:42:58 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 17, 2010, 05:13:19 AM
No, I meant football. Elites watch baseball. It's like in Europe, where the rabble watches soccer.
:lol: There's no correlation in the US between class and sports preference.  As far as baseball goes, Fenway park during a Red Sox game is loaded with more lowlife drunks than you can possibly imagine.

Certainly not worse than Citizens Banks Park. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on January 17, 2010, 06:17:20 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 17, 2010, 05:16:09 AM
Tickets to a baseball game are the cheapest of the 4 major American professional sports.

Considering they have 162 games (and plenty on weekday mornings/afternoons) it's not that surprising.
Only one game in the entire league is played in the morning, and they only start it early so that spectators can catch the end of the Boston Marathon after the game.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 17, 2010, 11:41:27 AM
Lol, Mart's analysis of American sports.
It is as accurate as any of his legal or moral analyses.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!