News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PC: Distant Worlds (Space 4X from Matrix)

Started by Syt, January 13, 2010, 04:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

It should provide an interesting diversion, but I don't see myself playing it more often than the normal mode. However, the start at pre-warp also sounds neat.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I could give this a try again.  I just didn't get it last time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

DW - Universe is out. It's basically the bundle with all expansion and enhanced modding support.

For every previous product (full game, and each expansion) that you register at Matrixgames you get a $10.- discount, on top of the release discount. With all expansions that makes for a total of $50.

I paid about €10.- for this version, though the main reason I bought it at all: you get a Steam key (thought it's not out on Steam yet).

It's not a perfect game, but the space 4x I still enjoy the most (I use the enhanced mod that cranks up the number of races to close to 40).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

It's also on Steam which means I don't have to fuck around with Matrix Games (whenever I buy from them, they charge me twice and I have to go to the bank to sort it out).  On sale for only 50 bucks.  Fucking sold.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Its more something you loosly interact with than play but its nice.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

If you want to micro everything, then that option is there for you. Or you can automate everything and only guide one single ship. The key is finding the sweet spot in between that you enjoy the most.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Thanks, Syt.  You are like the original "Good German".

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Syt

I'm a few hours into a game as an aquatic race (I usually play random race and use the racial victory conditions to guide my play style). It's pretty peaceful so far. My neighbors are the same race on the one side, and complacent robots on the other (though we have some border tension - I don't want to go to war, though, as I have a few colonies of their kin from when I settled an independent colony of the 'bots ... dunno if they would remain loyal in case of war).

I was falling behind economically, when I realized that even though I had semi-automated base construction, that the AI didn't suggest any. So I built small and medium space ports in all my colonies. And now I'm running a deficit that's three times my income. :blush:

I've sold a few mining posts to my neighbors to aid my cash flow, but I feel I will have to dismantle at least one of my fleets and a few space ports to balance the budget.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Haven't sunk my teeth into this yet.  I was have a game of Rome Total War 2 still going. 

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould