And we're back!

Main Menu

Heartwarming Story from the Middle East

Started by Savonarola, January 12, 2010, 04:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Jihad!

QuoteAccidental blast kills Gaza fighter 

Gaza has seen a flare-up of violence in the last week with Israeli air strikes and Palestinian rockets [EPA]

A Palestinian fighter has been killed in an accidental bomb explosion in the northern Gaza Strip, according to the ruling Hamas faction.

Three members of Hamas's armed wing were also injured in the blast which occurred as a result of mishandling of explosives, the group said in a statement, according to the AFP news agency.

Hamas had initially said the explosion was caused by Israeli shelling, but an Israeli military spokeswoman denied any involvement in the blast, saying "there were no actions by our forces in the area".

Gaza, where Israel waged a three-week war a year ago, has seen a flare-up of violence in the last week with Israeli air strikes and Palestinian rockets.

Israel said Palestinian fighters other than Hamas were responsible for the recent rash of cross-border rocket and mortar attacks, and urged Hamas to rein them in.

Ehud Barak, Israel's defence minister, urged Hamas on Monday to rein in other armed groups in the territory, or face Israeli action.

"I think the recent days reflect the inability of Hamas to control the dissident groups, the Popular Committees or Islamic Jihad, who are trying to break the tranquillity," Barak told the Reuters news agency during the unveiling of an Israeli anti-rocket system due to be deployed outside the Gaza Strip by June.

"Hamas is well deterred from trying another direct collision with Israel. I hope that they will take over - or else," Barak, asked if a new Gaza war was possible, said.

Asked about Barak's comments, Sami Abu Zuhri, a Hamas official, said the Palestinian attacks were carried out in response to "continued Israeli aggression".

A Palestinian official, who asked not to be identified, said Hamas planned to meet other groups soon to urge restraint, unless Israel stepped up its attacks.

But did Zionist agents sell the Peoples Popular Islamic Jihad Front faulty explosives?   :hmm:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

AnchorClanker

This happens all the time.  Amateurs.  Kitchen chemists.

Usually the PIJ and smaller groups were more affected by this, but HAMAS?  They must have suffered more in the
actions last year than was imagined.  They're a relatively professional outfit, and mishaps like these are less common.

PS - Good riddance.  I have no time for the Johnny Rat Boy terrorists and such.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

PDH

Around here it is meth labs exploding, Wyoming is the Gaza of America. :(
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Speaking of exploding I heard a story on NPR the other day about violence is spiraling out of control in El-Arish with all the smuggling.  Now Palestinians are threatening the Egyptians as well.

I have a question to Ank if he'll stay here long enough to answer.  He's got a better idea what people in the Muslim world are thinking then anyone else here.  Are the Muslims beginning to tire of all these "martyrdom operations"?  It was all well and good when they blew up Jews and Americans, but the last few years it's been used on fellow Muslims.  That's got to stick in the craw a little bit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

DisturbedPervert

Only one dead?  This story could do with a bit more heartwarming.

Grallon

Gods below but I'm so tired of hearing and reading about muslims killing / destroying / decapitating / highjacking / being offended about this or that...  They're like some nasty flu that drags on and on and simply won't go away!

G.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

CountDeMoney