And we're back!

Main Menu

Rod Blagojevich is too black, too strong

Started by Savonarola, January 11, 2010, 04:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Savonarola on January 12, 2010, 05:16:24 PM
Quote from: dps on January 12, 2010, 05:11:15 PM
This thread reminds me of the white politician who was giving a campaign address to a group of black voters and told them, "My heart is as black as yours".  I don't think there are many people of any race whose hearts are any blacker than Blagojevich's.

George Wallace said that (well according to wikiquotes it was: “Sure, I look like a white man. But my heart is as black as anyone's here.” but close enough)

Uh, no, the quote I used was from a candidate named Mario Procaccino running in the Democratic primary for Mayor of New York in 1969.  I was unaware that Wallace had said something similar.

Savonarola

Quote from: dps on January 12, 2010, 05:41:20 PM

Uh, no, the quote I used was from a candidate named Mario Procaccino running in the Democratic primary for Mayor of New York in 1969.  I was unaware that Wallace had said something similar.

:o

No kidding, you would have thought one of them would have learned from the other's mistake.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock