And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2010: Because it's never to f'ing early

Started by CountDeMoney, January 11, 2010, 10:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

The guy with the money speaks.

QuoteBisciotti: Uncapped season won't hamper us

Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti said today the impending move to an uncapped season should not cripple his team or its ability to improve in 2010.

"The roster is going to stay pretty much intact," Bisciotti said during the team's season-ending news conference today in Owings Mills. "I don't see it hampering us in our ability to do things."

General manager Ozzie Newsome believes there will be a reasonable supply of good players available when teams make cuts, and noted his previous success in landing veterans like Derrick Mason, Trevor Pryce and Samari Rolle.

Newsome acknowledged one of his priorities is to improve the wide receiving position, and that "when it comes to trading any player [to improve the team], I'm open to it." He admitted, reluctantly it seemed, he was also open to trading his first-round pick if it filled the requirement of improving the team.

-- Ken Murray

Additionally, Bisciotti and coach John Harbaugh stressed the importance of having linebacker/defensive end Terrell Suggs in Baltimore through the offseason to improve his conditioning. "To me, it's vitally important that he's here," Harbaugh said.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 02, 2010, 03:53:06 AM
The NFL is only objecting to shirts that are marketed or presented as an official Saints or NFL product, Caldwell said. Shirts that are black and gold and say "Who Dat" can be sold, he said, if they don't purport to be Saints gear and don't include the team logo.

My Dad's cousin is a lawyer for the league.  Scoots all around the country suing people for illegally making non-licensed stuff.  Make a refrigerator magnet with the Bears schedule on it for your plumbing company?  Your ass gets an injunction, macht schnell.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2010, 05:34:27 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 02, 2010, 03:53:06 AM
The NFL is only objecting to shirts that are marketed or presented as an official Saints or NFL product, Caldwell said. Shirts that are black and gold and say "Who Dat" can be sold, he said, if they don't purport to be Saints gear and don't include the team logo.
My Dad's cousin is a lawyer for the league.  Scoots all around the country suing people for illegally making non-licensed stuff.  Make a refrigerator magnet with the Bears schedule on it for your plumbing company?  Your ass gets an injunction, macht schnell.
One wonders how hardline they're going to be after the league cuts its own throat with the labour dispute.  After all, that sort of thing can be pretty damaging.  Baseball is now a retarded irrelevancy, while labour strife (and the New Jersey Devils, and the dilution of the talent pool by expanding into southern markets) pretty much ended hockey as a major spectator sport.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

In total no brainer news, the Texans picked up the 3 year option on Schaub's contract. 

Kubiak has also been extended through 2012. 

Steve Slaton underwent some sort of surgery on his neck.  Something about removing a ruptured disc or some such thing.   It apparently went well, but there's a 4 to 6 month recovery period.

Edit:  They've also brought in a bunch of kickers to check out.  Heh.

Alcibiades

So it is uncapped next year?  Ugh, they way they do it now works well enough.  Baseball sucks because there are teams like the yankees that buy everyone.   :yuk:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

sbr

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 04, 2010, 06:57:04 PM
So it is uncapped next year?  Ugh, they way they do it now works well enough.  Baseball sucks because there are teams like the yankees that buy everyone.   :yuk:

If they don't reach an agreement before March it is, IIRC.

sbr

The Hall of Fame class for 2010 has been announced:

Jerry Rice (WR), Emmitt Smith (RB), Russ Grimm (OT), Rickey Jackson (LB), Dick LeBeau (as a player, CB), Floyd Little (RB), John Randle (DT).

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2010/2/6/pro-football-hall-of-fame-class-of-2010-announced/

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

katmai

Hey Neil, your boy Boller is getting hitched to the former Ms. California that was asked to step down.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on February 08, 2010, 08:37:35 PM
Hey Neil, your boy Boller is getting hitched to the former Ms. California that was asked to step down.

QuoteSorry, ladies -- it looks like former Ravens quarterback Kyle Boller is off the market.

Boller and former Miss California Carrie Prejean got engaged Saturday in San Diego, according to E! News, which refers to the St. Louis Rams quarterback as an "NFL stud."

According to E! News, the 28-year-old Boller and 22-year-old Prejean began dating last July.

Boller appeared in seven games (four starts) for the Rams in 2009, finishing with three touchdowns and six interceptions.

katmai

The Canadian Football League's 2009 leader in sacks won't be bringing his pass rush to New England as defensive end Ricky Foley, formerly of the BC Lions, has agreed to join the Seattle Seahawks, according to The Sporting News.

Foley, who led the CFL with 12 sacks last season, is scheduled to become a free agent Monday. The 6-foot-2, 245-pounder was the fourth overall selection in the 2006 CFL draft and was drawing interest from a handful of NFL teams, including the Patriots.

Foley had 51 tackles to go with 12 sacks last season and is following in the footsteps of former Lions teammate Cameron Wake, who joined the Miami Dolphins last season and tallied 5 ½ sacks.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: katmai on February 15, 2010, 12:40:13 AM
The Canadian Football League's 2009 leader in sacks won't be bringing his pass rush to New England as defensive end Ricky Foley, formerly of the BC Lions, has agreed to join the Seattle Seahawks, according to The Sporting News.

Foley, who led the CFL with 12 sacks last season, is scheduled to become a free agent Monday. The 6-foot-2, 245-pounder was the fourth overall selection in the 2006 CFL draft and was drawing interest from a handful of NFL teams, including the Patriots.

Foley had 51 tackles to go with 12 sacks last season and is following in the footsteps of former Lions teammate Cameron Wake, who joined the Miami Dolphins last season and tallied 5 ½ sacks.

245 sounds really light.  Seems like he needs to put on ~20lbs.

katmai

mmm, maybe.

Jason Taylor goes about 255, Terrell Suggs though is about 260..so yeah maybe 10-15 lbs if doesn't fuck up his quickness.

* after quick look he was on Ravens Practice squad in '06 it seems.