News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mark McGwire admits to using steroids!

Started by Razgovory, January 11, 2010, 04:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: KRonn on January 12, 2010, 11:38:51 AM
It's up to the league to decide their direction. If the league wants to allow this, since it draws fans or what ever, then that's their call. And apparently that's what direction the league is taking. If not, then the league should take serious action when it finds out.

I'm pretty disgusted with these juiced up guys breaking records. I say when they're found out, take serious action. Remove their records, partially at least. They shouldn't be allowed to hold top records. Yes, other guys juiced up will still do it, and if found take them to task as well, including some sort of downgrading of their records. That will eventually tell the players who might think of juicing up not to do it else they will face consequences. Otherwise, the league can continue on, nothing to see here, just watch the pretty baseball sail over the fence....

I agree with the sentiment. Unfortunately, it appears people want to see (home) runs, not pitchers tossing strikes and fly outs. In just about any sport people want to see high scores, not brilliant defense which kind of cheapens most games and teams by making them onesided if they want to please their fans.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.