News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Computers are homo devil machines!

Started by Syt, January 09, 2010, 02:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Context?
Some woman who has wormed her way in with a bunch of anti-homo protesters with a funny sign?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on January 09, 2010, 07:39:32 AM
Context?
Some woman who has wormed her way in with a bunch of anti-homo protesters with a funny sign?

No idea. Considering she's holding rainbow flags I guess that yes, she's making fun of anti-gay protesters.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

:huh: Is she unhappy with life in Alpha Complex?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on January 09, 2010, 07:42:02 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 09, 2010, 07:39:32 AM
Context?

No idea. Considering she's holding rainbow flags I guess that yes, she's making fun of anti-gay protesters.

Could be these are trophies. :P

She is ugly and has a bad haircut so hard to tell - could be equally well a lesbian or a Christian fundamentalist.

Josephus

YOu'd have to zoom in and read her badges to see what side she's on.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

sbr

http://baptistplanet.wordpress.com/2009/09/

QuoteAccording to the Boston Phoenix:

This photograph was taken on March 29, 2004 when the Massachusetts Legislature voted to ban gay marriage and establish civil unions.

[Signs] held by gay marriage supporters that [focused] on gays who've made history such as Leonardo da Vinci, Alan Turing, who invented the computer, and Katherine Lee Bates, who wrote "America the Beautiful. "The [tongue-in-cheek] sign focusing on Turning, for example, read: DESTROY THE COMPUTER! IT'S A HOMOSEXUAL INVENTION BY ALAN TURING. WHO CARES IF HE CRACKED THE GERMAN ENIGMA CODE AND WON WORLD WAR II. IT'S A HOMO'S DEVIL MACHINE.

Tom Lang of Manchester by the Sea held one of the signs — which have taken some viewers a few moments to figure out. "We're trying to show how important gay people are to the American culture," Lang explained. "We're not mental. We're not immoral. But we're important to society and interwoven into the tapestry of America."

Some bloggers, like Bruce, Mark and PZ Myers, almost seem to take the sign seriously. Bruce is, after all, "speechless." Whereas she speaks clearly, making her sympathies abundantly clear by holding, immediately beneath the sign, what we discovered is an LBGT Rainbow Flag.

Turing, of course, did not invent the computer.

Even so, sometimes while blogging sleepily, very late at night, regardless of the sexuality of the various inventors involved in creating these devices ...

Valmy

Well true...but his contributions to doing so were certainly closer to resembling "inventing the computer" than single handedly cracking the Enigma code and winning World War II.

After all the Poles cracked it before the war even started...but some of those Poles might have been gay lawyers or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on January 09, 2010, 12:58:26 PM

Well true...but his contributions to doing so were certainly closer to resembling "inventing the computer" than single handedly cracking the Enigma code and winning World War II.

After all the Poles cracked it before the war even started...but some of those Poles might have been gay lawyers or something.

Yeah, as far as I understand, Turing cracked one of the codes used by Enigma, and the Poles came up with the whole idea of how Enigma codes the messages.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on January 09, 2010, 07:43:48 AM
:huh: Is she unhappy with life in Alpha Complex?

That was my first thought as well. :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on January 09, 2010, 01:36:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 09, 2010, 12:58:26 PM

Yeah, as far as I understand, Turing cracked one of the codes used by Enigma, and the Poles came up with the whole idea of how Enigma codes the messages.
IIRC, the Poles stole a copy of the original machine, and Turing figured out the algorithm to crack the messages after the Germans added another cypher wheel.  I could look it up, but that's my story and I am sticking to it!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

The poles thought it was some sort of new fangled jew killing machine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 09, 2010, 08:16:18 PM
The poles thought it was some sort of new fangled jew killing machine.
They sent it to England when they realized the old ways were best...
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!