News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[ghey] Same-sex marriage shot down in NJ

Started by DontSayBanana, January 07, 2010, 09:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Well, Marti, we lost it.  Since a reasonable compromise isn't working, I'm about to suggest banning legally-recognized marriage in NJ.
Experience bij!

Neil

Another victory in the fight against Martinusism.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Faeelin

What's interesting to me is that like in New York, the results were much more lopsided than polls suggest it should be; most polls show the state pretty much split, yet it lost by what, 7 votes? Given that both states have legislatures controlled by Dems, my cynicism is sustained.

Caliga

Are we in the: Thermidorian Reaction phase.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DisturbedPervert

Faeelin

Quote from: Caliga on January 07, 2010, 10:01:50 PM

:huh:

Does nobody have a sense of perspective around here? This wouldn't have even been up for a vote a few years ago. Yet now we're at a point where near majorities in quite a few states (California, Maine, New York, New Jersey), etc. are favoring gay marriage, and where the Republicans in those states are having to say that gay and lesbian families should be legally equal, but can't have this special word. Sorry Neil, but it's still progress.

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on January 07, 2010, 10:01:50 PM
At some point will gays be guillotined?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

New Jersey Gays? Faggghedditaboudit?

:scared:
:p

Slargos