Thinking of buying a new laptop

Started by Alatriste, January 07, 2010, 03:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vricklund

Congratulations. Always nice with a new piece of technology around the house. And they smell better than any baby. :)

I too was impressed by the new LED screen - so thin and so crisp! When the technology hits the budget range TV's I guess that's it for my trusty CRT telly. :)

Alatriste

This borders fetishism, but I too love how electronic devices smell when shiny and new...  :P

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Lucidor on January 14, 2010, 01:19:36 PM
I got a very neat, smallish CULV based laptop, just like the one Vricklund wrote about. Acer Timeline 1810TZ. A SU 4100 processor which performs very similar to SU 7300. Nice looks too:

Thats a pretty machine.
A little too pretty...I don't trust it.
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Triste, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  I'm using a Toshiba Satellite with an Athlon XP 64 QL-65 at 2.1GHz, 3GB of RAM, and a Radeon 3100 IGP, and so far, it's handled my gaming needs suitably: Sims 3 runs without any major lag, as does Star Trek Online; a machine with your spec will pretty much run everything short of Crysis.
Experience bij!

Alatriste

Time will tell... For the moment I'm impressed by the easiness of connecting the laptop to the TV set trough HDMI. I just plugged the cable and my desktop appeared on the 40" screen, as simple as that. Flawless.  :)

I'm writing this on a cordless keyboard and the only difficulty I have found is, the layout is a bit different and I keep hitting Enter when I want to hit Del, and Del when I want to hit End! Next step, some movie and some game... Fallout 3, perhaps.