Artie Lange hospitalized for violent suicide attempt

Started by Caliga, January 07, 2010, 12:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Will yet another comic resembling katmai: die before his time?  :(

QuoteReport: Artie Lange attempted suicide by stabbing himself
January 7, 2010 |  8:37 am

A violent suicide attempt is what landed Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lange in the hospital over the weekend, the New York Post reports.

His mother, Judy Lange, who was dropping off food, found him bloody in his Hoboken, N.J., apartment Saturday morning and called 911, sources told the Post's Page 6. Despite Lange's heavy bleeding from nine self-inflicted wounds -- six "hesitation" cuts and three deep -- surgeons were able to save him.

On Monday, Stern did not discuss details of Lange's hospitalization -- respecting the family's wishes -- reminding listeners of his contributions and setting listeners straight on an Internet rumor that the 42-year-old was off the show.

Sad situation; we wish Artie and his family the best.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

The guy is a ticking time bomb, he's got early death written all over him.

Caliga

Yeah.  I hate to say it but I'm kind of surprised he's still alive. :blush:

Artie has had severe drug and alcohol problems, as well as problems with his weight, which has a tendency to fluctuate drastically... I think at one point he was like 180 pounds, and within a year he was up to 350, then managed to lose some weight but I think gained it all back.

For a while he was engaged to this chick who he described as the love of his life, but she left him because he was causing her too much anguish with his drug, alcohol, and overeating problems.... which of course sent him out of control on drugs again.

DisturbedPervert

Not a surprise.  Dude has had serious problems before, especially with heavy drug use.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2010, 02:07:57 PM
I liked his work in the film classic Dirty Work.
:lol: I think both he and Norm readily admit what a piece of shit that movie was.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on January 07, 2010, 02:45:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2010, 02:07:57 PM
I liked his work in the film classic Dirty Work.
:lol: I think both he and Norm readily admit what a piece of shit that movie was.

:mad:

Asshole. Dirty Work is a classic film.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

i liked dirty works when i saw it in the theater. Then again i was like 13 or soemthing lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

He should've done it on the air.  Now that would've been classic Howard.