News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teeth whitening

Started by Capetan Mihali, January 04, 2010, 10:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Has anybody tried any form of this, from the mild to the wild?   

I got some sort of mild at-home bleaching thing as a present from my mother for the holidays.  Frankly, my teeth have a tendency to stain easily and they have become rather "off-white" from lots of cigarettes and coffee, and moderate amounts of red wine, black tea, etc.

My internet, at least, is swamped with teeth whitening ads and it makes me think it might be worth a go.  Are Crest White Strips useful at all?  Anybody have any relevant experience with this area of cosmetic self-improvement?   :wacko:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Monoriu

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 04, 2010, 10:42:43 PM
Has anybody tried any form of this, from the mild to the wild?   

I got some sort of mild at-home bleaching thing as a present from my mother for the holidays.  Frankly, my teeth have a tendency to stain easily and they have become rather "off-white" from lots of cigarettes and coffee, and moderate amounts of red wine, black tea, etc.

My internet, at least, is swamped with teeth whitening ads and it makes me think it might be worth a go.  Are Crest White Strips useful at all?  Anybody have any relevant experience with this area of cosmetic self-improvement?   :wacko:

I've been using the white strip tooth paste (thanks wife).  I've noticed a very mild whitening effect, but frankly the effect isn't too visible.  For real whitening, I think you need to go to a dentist.  A lot of people in the entertainment business do this, and the effect can be very dramatic.  But only a dentist can do it. 

DisturbedPervert

I've thought about getting laser whitening.  But dentists are scary. 

Eddie Teach

That's on the list of things I would do if I had a lot more money than I do.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

But...........teeth are supposed to be yellow  :huh:

syk

That's much gayer than shaving your balls.

Monoriu

From what I've heard, even whitening by dentists is only good for a few weeks/months at most.  You have to keep going to the dentist to maintain the whiteness. 

I don't mind buying the toothpaste though.  The cost is the same as regular toothpaste, which I have to buy anyway. 

Brazen

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 04, 2010, 10:42:43 PM
Are Crest White Strips useful at all?  Anybody have any relevant experience with this area of cosmetic self-improvement?   :wacko:
Got some of these from the States. The strong every day for a week ones made a visible difference that people actually comment on. I use the daily ones but only once a week or so when I remember. I think they make a difference and make the teeth feel smoother too, which probably helps them not stain again as quickly.

The Brain

What are the side effects?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Brazen

Quote from: The Brain on January 05, 2010, 06:06:43 AM
What are the side effects?
People staring at your mouth to work out what's different?

There can be some sensitivity, but I have quite sensitive teeth and didn't have problems.

Josquius

Contemplated it but I recall Hammond on Top Gear got ripped to pieces for having his done so I fear what friends would say.
I have bad enough teeth though even if they were white they'd still look bad, I've a undescended fang.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I'll get this done at some point :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Pat

I'd consider this as well. My teeth are getting very yellow from drinking too much of the wrong things.

Barrister

Quote from: Pat on January 05, 2010, 04:48:24 PM
I'd consider this as well. My teeth are getting very yellow from drinking too much of the wrong things.

You're not supposed to drink your own urine, Pat.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on January 05, 2010, 06:16:48 PM
Quote from: Pat on January 05, 2010, 04:48:24 PM

You're not supposed to drink your own urine, Pat.

You go on safari in the Sahara, you'll find yourself drinking urine too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?