And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

German league, btw:

GFL Nord

* Assindia Cardinals (Essen ... I had to look that up :P )
    * Berlin Adler
    * Braunschweig Lions
    * Dresden Monarchs
    * Kiel Baltic Hurricanes

GFL Süd

* Marburg Mercenaries
    * Munich Cowboys
    * Plattling Black Hawks
    * Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns
    * Stuttgart Scorpions
    * Weinheim Longhorns

German Bowl XXXI was won by Berlin Adler (28-21 over Kiel).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2010, 03:05:49 PM
None of those sound as badas as Nippon Ham Fighters.

Ass-India Cardinals sounds evil.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2010, 03:06:45 PM
    * Munich Cowboys
Wyoming is recruiting a linebacker from the Munchkin Cowboys.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2010, 03:05:49 PM
None of those sound as badas as Nippon Ham Fighters.

I always thought the Hiroshima Carp were the most badass...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2010, 04:43:10 PM
I always thought the Hiroshima Carp were the most badass...
Would you rather wade naked in a pool filled with carp or a pool filled with ham?

Barrister

I was curious about the name so I googled it.  Apparently the club was named after their owners, the Nippon Ham corporation.  So it's not that they are the Nippon Ham-Fighters, but rather the Nippon-Ham Fighters.

Carp is still the silliest sounding name I've ever heard for a sports team (to western ears).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2010, 02:43:48 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2010, 02:00:09 PM
Can anyone name a color commentator that played on defense? :hmm:

Solomon Wilcots.  And I think Matt Millen did color back in the 90s.
Millen still does from time to time.  And then there's Siragusa, although he's a sideliner.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2010, 12:10:09 PM
Btw, everyone in Cincy seems to be of the opinion that Shayne Graham cost the Bungles the game Saturday.  Granted, he should have hit both FGs, but those 6 points were not the decisive factor in a 10-point loss. 

I don't think I've heard one person complain about Palmer's bad decisions & lack of accuracy, or the receivers dropping the passes he did get into their hands.
Maybe Graham, as a prank, switched the grease for the jerseys with the glue for the hands?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2010, 12:10:09 PM
Btw, everyone in Cincy seems to be of the opinion that Shayne Graham cost the Bungles the game Saturday.  Granted, he should have hit both FGs, but those 6 points were not the decisive factor in a 10-point loss. 

I don't think I've heard one person complain about Palmer's bad decisions & lack of accuracy, or the receivers dropping the passes he did get into their hands.

What do people in Cincy think about Tom Brady being the NFL Comeback Player of the Year, when--and yes, as a Bengals hater I'm saying this--Cedric Benson really should've gotten it?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2010, 02:52:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2010, 02:43:48 PM
And I think Matt Millen did color back in the 90s.
Right, forgot him.  And there's the Goose.

Still an interesting imbalance, don't you think?

Tim Ryan.
Watch more football, Yi.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2010, 06:37:03 PM
What do people in Cincy think about Tom Brady being the NFL Comeback Player of the Year, when--and yes, as a Bengals hater I'm saying this--Cedric Benson really should've gotten it?
Is anybody really surprised?  I mean, I guess I'm surprised that they had the audacity to actually give the award to a system quarterback who spent a year on IR, and came back to a first-rate line and the best receiving corps in the AFC.

If I were Doug Flutie, Tommy Maddox, Jon Kitna or Chad Pennington, I'd mail my award back.  It's the football equivalent of giving Obama the Peace Prize.

CountDeMoney

QuoteColts To Rest Starters For First Game Of Playoffs

January 12, 2010 | Issue 46•01 | Onion Sports
Related Articles

* Freshman Running Back Wondering If Other Four Freshmen Running Backs Were Told They'd Start This Year 08.31.06
    * Miami Dolphins Wonder If They'll Have End Zones In England 10.25.07

INDIANAPOLIS—At his weekly press conference Monday, Colts head coach Jim Caldwell announced that he will rest key starters during the divisional round of the AFC playoffs to keep his players fresh for a Super Bowl run. "You can't win the Super Bowl if you don't get there with all your players healthy," said Caldwell, who added that next Saturday quarterback Peyton Manning would probably get the first two series, which will mostly be comprised of running plays. "Dwight [Freeney] and Dallas [Clark] will get about a quarter in the AFC Championship game. But honestly, even if we make it to the Super Bowl, I can't see playing these guys the whole game. The 2010 season is closer than you think." Throughout the entire press conference Manning could be seen in full uniform, stalking and pacing in the back of the room.

CountDeMoney

Nooooooooooooo!

QuoteDan Dierdorf is excited to be calling Saturday's playoff game between the Ravens and Colts on CBS