Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 12, 2010, 12:12:41 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2010, 07:20:30 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 11, 2010, 07:18:08 PM
I give the Cardinals a small edge, because Fitzgerald is better than anything the Saints have, but the difference will probably be made by the defences.

The Cards defense, while porous at times, is still faster and filled with more insta-gamechangers than NO's bend-but-don't-breakers.

Darren Sharper maybe?  :huh:

Maybe.  But he'll be busy running backwards.

MadBurgerMaker

http://tweetphoto.com/8547653

Damn.  Check out the tip.  :lol:  I'm off to go get a job at Ruth's Chris.  Later suckas.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 12, 2010, 06:27:46 AM
http://tweetphoto.com/8547653

Damn.  Check out the tip.  :lol:

Yeah, my sister waited at the Ruth Chris's here in Baltimore when the Ravens first moved here.  She bought a new car after Tony Siragusa's first dinner.

CountDeMoney

And people wonder why my Colts-hate burns so brightly still....

Christmas, '78...

Neil

The football is sort of in the shadows, and can be hard to see.  It looks like the little CdM is asking 'Why god, why?'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 12, 2010, 06:54:00 AM
The football is sort of in the shadows, and can be hard to see.  It looks like the little CdM is asking 'Why god, why?'.

If you look closely, under the football on the left hand side of the pic, you'll see my dog Stanley.  He was a good dog, lived long enough to see me go to college.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh I was just about to ask what that was.

Neil

Well, they dropped the charges against Zeus, so it looks like he'll have to wait a little while longer before getting sent upstate.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

The layman's prediction:

Jets over Chargers
Ravens over Colts
Cowboys over Vikings
Saints over Cardinals
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Okay, I'll make my picks public this week:

Chargers over Jets
Ravens over Colts
Vikings over Cowboys
Saints over Cardinals

I think the Ravens will lose to the Chargers in the AFC Championship, but they have enough momentum to shut down Manning, who has had too much rest.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

I don't know.  I sort of think that the Ravens own the Chargers.  They'll make them one-dimensional.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on January 12, 2010, 11:01:38 AM
I don't know.  I sort of think that the Ravens own the Chargers.  They'll make them one-dimensional.

The Ravens *did* beat the Chargers in San Diego, but that was before the Chargers got their shit together & became the juggernaut they are now, on an 11-game win streak.  I wish the Bungles had been able to play them early in the season :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Btw, everyone in Cincy seems to be of the opinion that Shayne Graham cost the Bungles the game Saturday.  Granted, he should have hit both FGs, but those 6 points were not the decisive factor in a 10-point loss. 

I don't think I've heard one person complain about Palmer's bad decisions & lack of accuracy, or the receivers dropping the passes he did get into their hands. 

Liep

Palmer did have an off day, but I think the last missed FG did it for Bengals. They could've been down to one score but instead they were still two scores down and without the ball.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on January 12, 2010, 12:18:24 PM
Palmer did have an off day, but I think the last missed FG did it for Bengals. They could've been down to one score but instead they were still two scores down and without the ball.

It still wasn't a decisive factor since the offense wasn't able to do anything with the ball when they (quickly) got it back.  Hell, they were still "in it" on the last drive, even if it was a longshot.