News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Starbucks tables - taking a free chair

Started by Martinus, January 03, 2010, 06:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assume you walk into into Starbucks and want to take a seat. Would you:

take a free seat at an otherwise occupied table.
1 (2.6%)
take a free seat at an otherwise occupied table, but only if there were no free tables.
17 (44.7%)
take a free seat only at an unoccupied table or at the bar.
19 (50%)
Sit next to them, and make silent farts.  Then walk away.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 37

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 03, 2010, 07:06:15 PM
Coffee shops tend to be high-volume places.  I refuse to bring my laptop on principle because it pisses me off no end to see people sitting and taking up tables with cold sludge in their cups while they read through the last 35 posts of their favorite bloggers when I've got hot stuff in my hands.

That's when you "accidentally" trip and spill your coffee all over them and their laptop.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on January 04, 2010, 08:12:18 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 03, 2010, 07:02:40 PM
Never studied in a coffee shop or library before, unless I needed a specific book they wouldn't lend out.  Bars on the other hand...
It's less about actually studying and more about "OMG LOOK AT ME IM SO IMPORTENT AND GENIOUS" attention whoring. :contract:
Actually it wasn't for me.  I'd always go to a coffee shop to make notes and read or re-read articles/books etc and to draft essays.  I just found it easier to work in a slightly more active atmosphere.  Similarly even when I'm not studying I get my best reading done in cafes.
Let's bomb Russia!

Camerus

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2010, 08:30:09 AM
Never studied in a coffee shop or library before, unless I needed a specific book they wouldn't lend out.  Bars on the other hand...
It's less about actually studying and more about "OMG LOOK AT ME IM SO IMPORTENT AND GENIOUS" attention whoring. :contract:
Actually it wasn't for me.  I'd always go to a coffee shop to make notes and read or re-read articles/books etc and to draft essays.  I just found it easier to work in a slightly more active atmosphere.  Similarly even when I'm not studying I get my best reading done in cafes.

:yes:

Brazen

No "I don't go to coffee shops" option. What a waste of time and money. Should I be forced to, I'd do the British thing and sit at the mathematically furthest point from any other individual possible.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Brazen on January 04, 2010, 08:54:33 AM
No "I don't go to coffee shops" option. What a waste of time and money. Should I be forced to, I'd do the British thing and sit at the mathematically furthest point from any other individual possible.

That is my policy in any type of public space.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2010, 08:30:09 AM

Same. When I was studying for my bar exam (no pun intended :P), I studied mainly in coffee shops and parks.

And yes, you can make jokes about the quality of my legal training. :P

The Brain

I thought you graduated from the school of hard cocks?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.