News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

You can also do ethnic cleansing around your national focus province :)

Sahib

Quote from: Berkut on March 02, 2010, 09:58:48 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on March 01, 2010, 02:19:20 PM
Berk you'll be fine.  Once you start getting upgrades in your provinces and start converting everything will fall into place.  I was making a good deal of money and the amount I was getting at the end of the year was nearly 600 or so by 1530 in our other mp game when I was Russia, just takes some reforms and patience is all.

600! Holy crap!

I was not aware that converting effected income. So much I don't know about this game.

I *just* moved my national focus toa new area, so I coudl continue land reforming. TOO BAD I DIDN"T KNOW ABOUT THE EFFING WEIGHTS AND MEASURES ND THAT REQUIRES YOUR FOCUS TO BE AT THE CAPITAL!!

:bleeding: x10

That is the kind of crap that annoys me. Habs is all "Dude, why haven't you done the weights and measures ND? You should do that! OH WAIT YOU CANT FOR ANOTHER 30 YEARS BECAUSE YOU JUST MOVED YOUR FOCUS! :lmfao:"

Why doesn't it show up as a ND anyway, with a pre-req not fulfilled, so I would know it was an option?

grumble, grumble, grumble.

It's technically a province decision AFAIK.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

ulmont

Ok, can I get a definitive list of the patch(es) and checksums you guys are using Sunday?

1) As to patches, is it the 27 February beta + the fixed French missions?
2) What's the checksum?
3) Additional programs needed - Hamachi and Steam (just for chat), right?  Can I get Steam without buying a game through it?

ulmont

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 01, 2010, 11:39:41 PM
Quote from: ulmont on March 01, 2010, 11:20:42 PM
Don't you have each other on msn/gchat/aim/similar already?

Any way you can find out before Sunday so we don't put all of our eggs in one basket?

No (last 2 weekends something has come up no earlier than Friday at 8pm).  If you can find someone else with a more solid commitment, I'll happily bow out.

Berkut

Quote from: Sahib on March 02, 2010, 10:21:45 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 02, 2010, 09:58:48 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on March 01, 2010, 02:19:20 PM
Berk you'll be fine.  Once you start getting upgrades in your provinces and start converting everything will fall into place.  I was making a good deal of money and the amount I was getting at the end of the year was nearly 600 or so by 1530 in our other mp game when I was Russia, just takes some reforms and patience is all.

600! Holy crap!

I was not aware that converting effected income. So much I don't know about this game.

I *just* moved my national focus toa new area, so I coudl continue land reforming. TOO BAD I DIDN"T KNOW ABOUT THE EFFING WEIGHTS AND MEASURES ND THAT REQUIRES YOUR FOCUS TO BE AT THE CAPITAL!!

:bleeding: x10

That is the kind of crap that annoys me. Habs is all "Dude, why haven't you done the weights and measures ND? You should do that! OH WAIT YOU CANT FOR ANOTHER 30 YEARS BECAUSE YOU JUST MOVED YOUR FOCUS! :lmfao:"

Why doesn't it show up as a ND anyway, with a pre-req not fulfilled, so I would know it was an option?

grumble, grumble, grumble.

Yeah, but it doesn't show up as a potential (even greyed out) province decision, because it requires bith national focus and the capital. Which is kind of stupid, btw - why should the capital have to be in the national focus to do this?

So unless you just know from experience, there isn't really any way to know that this option exists. And it is a pretty huge one. And I screwed myself because I just moved my focus over to Minsk or something like that, because I had no way of knowing that I needed to get it to St. Petersburg. Now I do though, I guess.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Quote from: Sahib on March 02, 2010, 10:21:45 AM

Which is stupid, it should really be a national decision, since it has no province-only effect.

Anyway, you learn by playing, and occasionally by pumping Habs for info. :P

I actually have a bunch of random questions that I'm going to post now in hopes that Habs or someone can answer.

Which buildings are good where? I know their effects, but it's sometimes difficult to decide whether a particular building would be cost-effective for a given province. Constable, for example - just how low can the direct tax be before +50% to it is too inefficient? And what's the difference of customs house which gives +5% to local tax? Or courthouses, are they ever any good, since provinces usually either have no RR, or have a minimum RR that cannot be reduced?

Unit types, do you pick and choose them based on your strategy? I'm talking about ones that are options for the same tech level, like tecrio/maurician infantry. Or do you pick one and stick with it? Are they all useful somewhere, or is one of them clearly better than the rest?

How do you usually research? I tend to stick the entire income into one area, is that the best or do you divide between several?

National ideas: Is this about right? http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/National_Idea_review
Should I ditch Superior Seamanship as Britain since it sucks, or wait until I can implement "The Fleet is our Wooden Wall" decision which requires it?

Solmyr

Quote from: ulmont on March 02, 2010, 10:23:03 AM
1) As to patches, is it the 27 February beta + the fixed French missions?

We are likely using the new beta patch, I'm not sure about the mission fix, but we probably should use it.

Berkut

Quoteglobal tax +5%
Global RR -0.5
Global trade +10%
Global production +10%

Holy crap - this is hugely beneficial! Why would anyone NOT do this as soon as they possibly can?

Can I get any traction for a request to manually move my national focus? I literally just moved it before we stopped Sunday. Had I known this was an option, there is not damn way I would have moved it where I did.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Does the NF have to be in the capital, or just adjacent to it to fire this?

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Alcibiades

Quote from: Berkut on March 02, 2010, 10:45:40 AM
Quoteglobal tax +5%
Global RR -0.5
Global trade +10%
Global production +10%

Holy crap - this is hugely beneficial! Why would anyone NOT do this as soon as they possibly can?

Can I get any traction for a request to manually move my national focus? I literally just moved it before we stopped Sunday. Had I known this was an option, there is not damn way I would have moved it where I did.

I was about 30 years behind everyone else doing it because I didn't know it had to be at your capital either.   :)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 02, 2010, 01:51:33 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 02, 2010, 10:45:40 AM
Quoteglobal tax +5%
Global RR -0.5
Global trade +10%
Global production +10%

I was about 30 years behind everyone else doing it because I didn't know it had to be at your capital either.   :)

Great, so now it looks like I am 60 years behind. Did someone eventually tell you?

0 rows returned

Alcibiades

Kind of.  Was wondering why I couldn't get it until i was enlightened.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

At the moment I don't think I have any magistrates, so it would take me a couple years to get it even if I can beg a modification of my NF province to the capital.

0 rows returned

Alcibiades

Just get your nation into shape one at a time.  Yeah you missed a big one but its not a game breaker and you'll get it in 30 years.  Focus on converting and getting your nation into shape. 

This is like Katmai's first couple of games so you're not the only greenhorn so no more woe is me.   :P