Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Ah, the often forgotten joys of Languish MP games :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Question:

Is it the case that Tamas promised Kleves that he would not attack him, and then broke that promise? Is that what Kleves means when he says he cannot trust him?

And then, if I have this correct, Tamas conspired with Habs to attack Kleves, and promised Habs that he would not (once the fighting started) make any separate peace with Kleves. And then, of course, broke THAT promise?

So, if I have this correctly, he made a deal with Kleves, which he then broke making a deal with Habs, and then broke THAT deal by making yet another deal with Kleves?

Are there any deals that Tamas actually followed through on?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

HVC

Quote from: Berkut on February 22, 2010, 09:24:00 PM
Question:

Is it the case that Tamas promised Kleves that he would not attack him, and then broke that promise? Is that what Kleves means when he says he cannot trust him?

And then, if I have this correct, Tamas conspired with Habs to attack Kleves, and promised Habs that he would not (once the fighting started) make any separate peace with Kleves. And then, of course, broke THAT promise?

So, if I have this correctly, he made a deal with Kleves, which he then broke making a deal with Habs, and then broke THAT deal by making yet another deal with Kleves?

Sounds like the perfect monarch to me :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Viking

If Tamas' realm prospers then he has acted wisely.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on February 22, 2010, 09:24:00 PM
Question:

I made a deal about the partition of Hungary. It is a side issue but worth mentioning that after the deal, Kleves just kind of ignored Hungary, letting huge-ass Poland grab some of his share and in turn be bordered with me (plus annexing Transylvania) which caused some headache for me.
Anyways, later Kleves inherited half of Germany, and kept growing. Habbaku was very intent on breaking his power and I knew this was my one chance to make my European border safer.

For a detailed analysis refer to an earlier post of mine :P

As for the actual war, I know Habs was crying but at the point of my very cheap separate peace, there was maybe a month of time left I could had gained for France, crippling myself in the process. So I did which was benefical in the long run for both of us

So yeah, I broke the Hungary deal, but it was nowhere near a traditional Diplomacy backstabbing. During the war, I feel I served France's interest, as clearly I was more aware of the bigger picture than Habbaku was.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on February 23, 2010, 02:39:44 AM
Quote from: Berkut

I made a deal about the partition of Hungary. It is a side issue but worth mentioning that after the deal, Kleves just kind of ignored Hungary, letting huge-ass Poland grab some of his share and in turn be bordered with me (plus annexing Transylvania) which caused some headache for me.
Anyways, later Kleves inherited half of Germany, and kept growing. Habbaku was very intent on breaking his power and I knew this was my one chance to make my European border safer.

For a detailed analysis refer to an earlier post of mine :P

As for the actual war, I know Habs was crying but at the point of my very cheap separate peace, there was maybe a month of time left I could had gained for France, crippling myself in the process. So I did which was benefical in the long run for both of us

So yeah, I broke the Hungary deal, but it was nowhere near a traditional Diplomacy backstabbing. During the war, I feel I served France's interest, as clearly I was more aware of the bigger picture than Habbaku was.

Translation:

Yes.

QuoteAre there any deals that Tamas actually followed through on?

This still remains unclear...

0 rows returned

Tamas

:rolleyes: Habbaku is a big boy you dont have to act all protective when he loses a war

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on February 23, 2010, 08:27:12 AM
:rolleyes: Habbaku is a big boy you dont have to act all protective when he loses a war

Oh please, this isn't about Habbaku, it is about you and your very amusing justifications for screwing people over. Apparently they should be thanking you for it!

Please continue, it isn't nearly as funny as the ragequit earlier, but it will have to do for the moment.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2010, 08:30:53 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 23, 2010, 08:27:12 AM

Oh please, this isn't about Habbaku, it is about you and your very amusing justifications for screwing people over. Apparently they should be thanking you for it!

Please continue, it isn't nearly as funny as the ragequit earlier, but it will have to do for the moment.

Heh. a stateman must make compromises.

Berkut

Someone let me know when the next game is going to start up.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2010, 10:25:57 AM

I think the next ragequitter will be Alci.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on February 23, 2010, 11:31:32 AM
Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2010, 10:25:57 AM

I think the next ragequitter will be Alci.

Yeah depending on Habbu, we might have spot open this Sun Berkie.

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

Or you could play Russia in our game, even as AI it's kicking Tamas' butt. :P

katmai

Quote from: Solmyr on February 23, 2010, 12:10:37 PM
Or you could play Russia in our game, even as AI it's kicking Tamas' butt. :P

Ah yeah forgot about the Russians.

and Tamas, always getting his ass handed to him by the dreaded AI
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son