News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Oh and by the way, AI Russia will cause many problems for me and Austria. I saw their armies when they pwnd my Crimean allies in the Polack War, and god damn they were huge.

katmai

Well may be an excuse to ally with him eh?

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

France and Austria are in a leauge of their own, the only way to re-trigger my involvement in their wars would be an Austrian effort to  break the French neck, for example, a continued alliance with Spain.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on February 15, 2010, 10:57:18 AM
France will join this Crusade.  :)

Ha-ha very funny. After I had my army destroyed to help you out, in your "lolz I can do it alone, even" campaign. And I did not bail until the Austrians approached Greece and Istanbul. And yet, in my last post, I still stood by you demanding peace in our time by the breakup of the Franco-Spanish alliance.

Solmyr

It should be clarified that Great Britain intends to stay neutral in the affairs of the continent and hopes that balance can be preserved there.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on February 15, 2010, 11:24:46 AM
It should be clarified that Great Britain intends to stay neutral in the affairs of the continent and hopes that balance can be preserved there.

The only balance that needs preserving is ensuring that the Emperor doesn't grow too large--a feat that France attempted and was defeated while doing so.  Peace will only be guaranteed when the Walloon people are freed of the Imperial yoke.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Seen

How come there is already a Great Britain?

sbr

They started again in 1492, according to the screenshot it is now 1559.  That seems about right in game.

Habbaku

Quote from: Seen on February 15, 2010, 03:00:31 PM
How come there is already a Great Britain?

All that's required to declare it is a core on various provinces within the Isles--similar to the conditions the Iberians need to form Spain and the Slavs need to form Russia.  It's pretty easy to form the cultural-unification countries; probably too easy.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

I conquered Scotland early, and even though it rebelled in the meantime, I got the cores on it immediately after reconquering.

Seen

A right, thanks.

Not an eu3 player (yet) so was curious.  :)

Kleves

That was an interesting little war we had. Although Spain and I won the war, I wonder if we lost the peace.

It began with the France invading the low countries with around 30,000 men. Fortunately, they were outnumbered by the Austrian forces in the area, and, after a few months (and a few battles), the French army was chased reeling back into France. Around this time the French army appeared to be reinforced, but Austria reinforcements also arrived, leaving the situation not much changed. The French army was again repeatedly battered (but not destroyed  :glare:) and retreated to the south. Nortern France was occupied, and Paris fell. France sued for peace, and the Austro-Spanish were leniet, letting them off with the loss of only two provinces (one of which Austria soon sold back to France).

On the Ottoman front, things went similarly well. The Turks invaded with perhaps 60,000 men. Within the space of a few months, all were dead, and Hungary was in Austrian hands (the Ottoman army was much easier to completely destroy than the French). The Ottoman Empire's back was broken. The Turks sued for peace (French forces were probably still fighting in the lowlands at this point), and again Austria took only a single province, even though the Turks had broken the long-standing treaty concerning Hungary.

Truly, the Kaiser was merciful. Perhaps too merciful. It may have been possible to have imposed much more punitive treaties on both France and the Turks.  The Turks, however, escaped in part due to their rapid defeat; I wanted peace so that I could shift forces against France (although none of these forces ever actually fought the French). I did not have any desire for French territory, so after making sure that the Spanish were satisfied, I took only their Wallonian province, and, even then, I soon sold it back.

I would be curious to know if you guys think that not imposing harsher terms was a mistake. I would also be curious to know how the war progressed in Spain and the colonies.  I only had time to glance at Spain briefly, and it seemed that the French had the Spanish on the run; but by the end of the war the Spanish appeared to be taking the offensive.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

Wow, so Kleves kicked the shit out of Tamas and Habs?

Is that what I am hearing?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned