News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on February 02, 2010, 03:50:59 AM
:hmm: Is there any point to playing ze Germans, victory conditions-wise, or it's just for the heck of being pwned?

Playing the Germans you get to run the insanely OP Panzer divisions though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Time's ticking, folks, and it doesn't look like we're going to find a permanent sub unless someone steps forward.

Do we want to just start afresh with a 1492 campaign this week?  Anyone opposed?  How do we want countries assigned, if so?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Well the intention is if starting over to have you not so far away since you were pretty much playing SP :P

Tamas

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 04, 2010, 12:26:00 AM
I don't know if I'm interested.

Why wouldn't you be? With an 1492 start you have player interaction right away, something which was clearly missing fromy our muscowy game :P

I say random countries but not the same ones again for anyone.

katmai

Well how about all who want to play in another game state for sure by tomorrow night, that way we can do random assignments so folks have fri-sat to take a look at their prospective country?

As of right now it's
Tamas
Habbu
myself as yes
alci-maybe

Sol? Kleves?

Anyone else interested?

Solmyr

I'm theoreticall fine with a new game (though I don't see why we can't continue this one, Alci could take over OE?).

It'll have to be "mostly" random though, since I have no desire to play Austria again, nor France (and not too keen on OE either). So England, Spain, or Russia for me.

Alcibiades

I'm happy with Russia, I'm 50 years away from constant exposure to the West.  I don't know why you guys want to move me, I'm happy with the game we have.  If you want to move anyone to OE, move the people who are bored of our game.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

If Alci is gung-ho about continuing the game we already have, I am more than fine with that.  I'd much rather continue than lose Alci.

So, we really have three decisions : have Liep sub for OE this week and hope for someone permanent to come along (maybe recruit someone off of the Paradox forum?),someone else can move over to take the OE for the remainder or, lastly, we just continue with the OE as AI after this week.

Opinions?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 04, 2010, 10:30:02 AM
I'm happy with Russia, I'm 50 years away from constant exposure to the West.  I don't know why you guys want to move me, I'm happy with the game we have.  If you want to move anyone to OE, move the people who are bored of our game.

I predict Alci will be rage quitter #2 when his LT 6 Russia gets it's ass handed to him by Sol.

:P

katmai

And to answer your post Habbu.

Well it realistically comes down if we don't get a 7th, the only one who can move over is me since the rest of the countries shouldn't be AI controlled, and frankly I'd have to play save (which i don't have) to see how much of slash and burn to tech's that Slargy did to know if I want to try and take over.

Habbaku

I recall glancing at the OE after that debacle and seeing that they were doing pretty well on techs--they were Westernized, after all, but had not yet reformed the military.

The only sticking point would be that you're going to start at stability -2 at the outset and that your WE is pretty high.  Of course, if you do make the switch, I'm willing to end the war immediately and give a 10-year guarantee of non-interference so that you can recover.  Note : freeing some vassals (Persia, Baluchistan, some of the Afghan minors?) would help immensely with keeping order.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

My preference is also continuing the game.

Alcibiades

I think we need to try to recruit someone off of the paradox forums personally, but I don't know anyone over there.