News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vricklund

Quote from: katmai on February 18, 2010, 03:00:59 AM
Portugal just questions the bluster coming from Istanbul when the last time they fought the Austrians they were smashed and that was when he was fighting a two front war.

Hasn't the Turk learned it isn't smart to go against the :pope: ?
But a war is always costly and time consuming. It could allow the dirty :frog: to catch up.

katmai

Pfft France couldn't even handle the ineffectual Spanish.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on February 18, 2010, 03:23:12 AM
Pfft France couldn't even handle the ineffectual Spanish.

that, is true.

Alcibiades

I got your ineffectual right here.   <_<
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Kleves

Alternatively, Turk, I suppose you could simply release Hungary , and perhaps some other Balkan states, as vassals.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Portugal hopes that Austria and Ottomans can work it out, but if they can't we look forward to show and will sit idly by off the coast eating popcorn.

Tamas

Quote from: Kleves on February 18, 2010, 08:54:40 PM
Alternatively, Turk, I suppose you could simply release Hungary , and perhaps some other Balkan states, as vassals.

Actually, I would be happy to release Hungary as vassal, but considering just what a HUGE swat of land that is, I will need an international treaty guaranteeing the independence (well, my vassalage over) Hungary. And I do mean formal guarantees up until 1821, by at the very least France.

Alcibiades

You would have Spanish Guarantees for the independence of Hungary, Belgium style.  :cheers:

PEACE IN OUR TIME!
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Tamas

Alright, once France and Austria also confirms their guarantees, I am happy to signt he deal and release the Magyars.
One more (obvious) condition though: NO ROYAL MARRIAGES WITH HUNGARY!

Alcibiades

I'll royal marriage Hungary to guarantee their independence.  I Am:  The Arbitrator.   :bowler:

Tamas

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 19, 2010, 09:36:04 AM
I'll royal marriage Hungary to guarantee their independence.  I Am:  The Arbitrator.   :bowler:

You can guarantee their independence without that :P I dont want a massive inheritance next to me. No RMs.

Alcibiades

Gotta compromise to get what you want.   :rolleyes:

Tamas

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 19, 2010, 06:34:06 PM
Gotta compromise to get what you want.   :rolleyes:

I am: I am releasing roughly one third of my realm. Please allow me to set some conditions for that.

Jaron

Before anyone agrees to his "conditions", I just wanted to point out some earlier posts:

That Tams is a a tricksy hobbit!

Does he abide by ANY agreements he has made?

It's pretty rare that people can get ahead by NOT honoring an agreement (most of the time agreements are made so both sides benefit from honoring them), so pointing out that you only lie occasionally doesn't really absolve you of anything, tricksy hobbit.

Winner of THE grumbler point.