Main Menu

Mass Effect 2

Started by Slargos, January 01, 2010, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 24, 2010, 07:43:04 AM
Quote from: Slargos on January 24, 2010, 05:32:27 AM
Quote from: Fate on January 23, 2010, 11:51:00 PM

I think it's part of a larger anti piracy scheme. Leave some substantial piece of the game not on the installation DVD, require user registration online and validation to obtain it, and then you'll have less kiddies turning to piracy.

A reasonable assumption, but it certainly doesn't work. DLC is available on the pirated versions aswell.

And you would know this how?

The same way I know several methods of very effective torture.  :sleep:

Edit: Of course, I should mention that I don't know whether the DLC for Mass Effect 2 is also included in the pirated software since I haven't looked for it. My brother will foolishly get it for the XBOX and thus I will get to play with it once he finishes it. Installing the game to the HD seems to have solved the crashes and lockups.

Slargos

The current version out doesn't seem to have the DLC.

I have little doubt that it will be available soon, however.

Slargos

I think it's part of a larger anti piracy scheme. Leave some substantial piece of the game not on the installation DVD, require user registration online and validation to obtain it, and then you'll have less kiddies turning to piracy.

A reasonable assumption, but it certainly doesn't work. DLC is available on the pirated versions aswell.

A better question, beaner, is what the fuck are you doing up this late? Game is on in 3 hours.  <_<

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on January 24, 2010, 08:02:50 AM

A better question, beaner, is what the fuck are you doing up this late? Game is on in 3 hours.  <_<

I pulled a slargos and was out drinking and unsuccessfully hitting on women!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 24, 2010, 08:06:41 AM
Quote from: Slargos on January 24, 2010, 08:02:50 AM

I pulled a slargos and was out drinking and unsuccessfully hitting on women!

I don't hit on women when drunk.

I already know I will be unsuccessful and thus focus on the drinking.  :P

Tamas

katmai

Fucking pirates <_<

Of course i was going to pick it up for PC, then I realized my save is only on 360 so guess I'll pick it up there instead.

Slargos

Give in to the instant gratification of downloading it?

Use the xbox with my old save and its superior controllers?

Pay for the game when I can get it for free?

Run it on the projector instead of the piddly laptop screen?

It's tearing me apart. :weep:

Tamas

My only gripe so far is that I made a mistake remembering the story of my playthrough of the first game and made the  politican guy Prez instead of the navy guy  <_<
Thats all the spoilering I will do.

If you liked the first game, well, this is ten times better.

Seen

With the controllers not sure what is 'tearing' you.

My Xbox controllers work perfectly on my pc  :showoff:

Dont know WHY one would ever want to play a shooter on a Xbox, even when its mainly designed for it :yucky:

Slargos

Quote from: Seen on January 25, 2010, 05:17:36 PM
With the controllers not sure what is 'tearing' you.

My Xbox controllers work perfectly on my pc  :showoff:

Dont know WHY one would ever want to play a shooter on a Xbox, even when its mainly designed for it :yucky:

In my experience, xbox shooters don't translate well to the PC.

Besides, Mass Effect isn't a true FPS, it's more of an arcade shooter.

Barrister

You pirates disgust me. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I have the game all installed but it won't let me play until midnight tonight.  Meh being legit and honorable is so annoying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

:(
I really want to get PC version, but then it's a waste of my Xbox saves, so conflicted. :P

Neil

Don't be surprised when Bioware doesn't release future games on PC.  There are actually 50% more pirated copies of Dragon Age on the PC than there are paid for copies, and the PC market isn't big enough to justify the trouble.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.