What do you have to do before you can go to bed?

Started by Monoriu, December 30, 2009, 04:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2009, 10:41:16 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 30, 2009, 09:18:48 PM
Ingest large quantity of tranquilizers and sedatives.
Use a plaque rinse, use a whitening rinse, brush teeth, floss teeth, rinse with Listerine.

Funny as balls to see the cops find you face down in the sink throttled by your own floss because the drugs kicked in too early.

Meh.  Live by the floss, die by the floss.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 30, 2009, 09:18:48 PM
Ingest large quantity of tranquilizers and sedatives.
Use a plaque rinse, use a whitening rinse, brush teeth, floss teeth, rinse with Listerine.
Wash face.
Urinate.
Lie in the dark for a few hours staring at the stucco wall reliving my accumulated humiliations and debating the nature of existence with myself. 
:frog:

Meh.  I suppose the tranquilizers and sedatives aren't working?  What'cha taking?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

I have a great deal of trouble sleeping without climaxing, due to sex or... maintenance.

I usually have to have some source of white noise as well, often a fan or something, to drown out non-constant noises.   
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Jaron

Quote from: Queequeg on December 30, 2009, 11:47:42 PM
I usually have to have some source of white noise as well, often a fan or something, to drown out non-constant noises.   

Yeah, same for me. In my case though its drowning out ringing in my ears. I had a bad ear infection in early 04 and my ears were never the same ater that.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Jaron on December 30, 2009, 11:54:52 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on December 30, 2009, 11:47:42 PM

Yeah, same for me. In my case though its drowning out ringing in my ears. I had a bad ear infection in early 04 and my ears were never the same ater that.

I had an "adult ear infection" a couple of years ago and it drove me crazy.  Even after the whacked balance wore off,  my right ear felt like it was always plugged and popped constantly.

Now I have resigned myself to using dorky "Swimmer's Ear" drops (basically just rubbing alcohol in a dropper) after I take a shower to keep it from coming back.   :Embarrass:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Jaron

I have that too. My ears pop each and every time I swallow. My doctors check my ears and say everything healed normally so its just something I had to learn to live with.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Threviel

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 30, 2009, 02:32:01 PM
Quote from: Threviel on December 30, 2009, 02:09:21 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 30, 2009, 05:58:49 AM
I check that the house is secure, turn the heating off, take a leak, wash my hands and clean my teeth.

Why do you turn the heating off? Won't it get cold in the morning?

No, it doesn't  :)

I normally heat the house to 19 celsius and it only cools down to 16 celsius overnight; which makes for a comfortable nights sleep.

It's a brick and stone-built house, so there is a fair amount of thermal inertia. My brother-in-law informs me that the situation in timber-framed house is quite different and that in those cases one should leave the heating on. Whether he is right or not is anybody's guess  :D

Dang, that sounds like a hassle. I have set the thermostat in the bedroom at 18 degrees or so, and in the rest of the house on 20 degrees. But our house is very well insulated, so I don't think we would gain much by turning on and off the heat.

Richard Hakluyt

The "winter" here is also very mild, which introduces further complications; sometimes I don't even bother turning the heating on at all.

Martinus

I need colder-than-normal air to sleep well. Even in winter, I often sleep with my window open (admittedly it's the window in the adjacent room, not in the bedroom) and cover myself with a blanket or a bedsheet rather than one of those thick bed covers.

Brazen

Switch everything off, get a glass of water, wee, wash hands, take off makeup, brush teeth, check alarm clock is set/off as appropriate.

Cecil

What do I need to do? Pretty much nothing....I lie down and a few minutes later I´m asleep.

I do on the other hand tend to take a piss and brush my teeth. Turn out the lights and set the alarm if appropriate then lie down and read for a while. When I feel ready with that I turn off my bedlight and fall asleep a few minutes later.

CountDeMoney

I'm surprised nobody answered with "masterbation", which is what I needed to do before I could go to sleep from ages 14-18.

Brazen

Quote from: Threviel on December 31, 2009, 03:18:35 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 30, 2009, 02:32:01 PM
Quote from: Threviel on December 30, 2009, 02:09:21 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 30, 2009, 05:58:49 AM
I check that the house is secure, turn the heating off, take a leak, wash my hands and clean my teeth.

Why do you turn the heating off? Won't it get cold in the morning?

No, it doesn't  :)

I normally heat the house to 19 celsius and it only cools down to 16 celsius overnight; which makes for a comfortable nights sleep.

It's a brick and stone-built house, so there is a fair amount of thermal inertia. My brother-in-law informs me that the situation in timber-framed house is quite different and that in those cases one should leave the heating on. Whether he is right or not is anybody's guess  :D

Dang, that sounds like a hassle. I have set the thermostat in the bedroom at 18 degrees or so, and in the rest of the house on 20 degrees. But our house is very well insulated, so I don't think we would gain much by turning on and off the heat.
It's pretty usual in the UK to have your heating timer go off just before bedtime and come on just before your alarm go off.

Brazen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 31, 2009, 08:44:12 AM
I'm surprised nobody answered with "masterbation", which is what I needed to do before I could go to sleep from ages 14-18.
Surprised they don't do it or surprised they didn't spell it that way?

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 31, 2009, 08:44:12 AM

At that age, starting that would just keep me up half the night