China executes allegedly mentally ill Briton for drug traficking

Started by The Larch, December 29, 2009, 05:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Slargos on December 30, 2009, 04:24:23 PMI was going to say..  :D

Hell, *I* don't even know that, so I don't see how you could.

Alright, we'll amend it to "... Slargos is not on the record as liking having sex with men."

Razgovory

You know the only thing I remember about Slargos and women was that chicks with amputations dating site.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on December 30, 2009, 06:31:58 PM
This is why we can't legalize pot.
The problem should be attacked at the root:  Anyone, of any age, who tests positive for marijuana should be executed, and mandatory tests should be conducted.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Camerus

Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2009, 05:34:33 AM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on December 30, 2009, 05:15:19 AM
And just yesterday you said you were so ignorant about China and its culture that you only heard of Cao Cao from a video game!

Your constant hysteria and vitriol is so tired.  This rant once again reveals you to be not only the most profoundly bigoted and seething person on this board, but also among its most ignorant and judgmental.

So according to you, unless I know who Cao Cao was, I cannot, for example, oppose the China's communist regime?

Go fuck yourself. The fact that you had to go to East Asia to find a chick willing to fuck you despite your insecurities and psychoses does not make you some sort of a posterboy for multiculturalism or cultural exchange. Though I can see how a repressed, fucked up disgrace like you could feel at home in a culture that actually celebrates such failings.

What on earth are you talking about?   :lol:   

But anyway you just prove my point:  shrill vitriol and ranting on subjects about which you are totally ignorant is your MO.   :cool:

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on December 30, 2009, 07:57:51 AM
I think Neil underestimates the willingness of the West to resort to violence. Sure, we talk a lot about world peace and brotherly love, but if things get critical, I fully expect a counterstrike.

I agree. What we have seen (and only within the last 50 years or so, and again it applies more to Europe than to the US) is the West's decreasing willingness to project our power globally in order to protect our global domination. I'm pretty sure that if Russians, Arabs or the Chinese were at our gates, though, Europeans wouldn't just roll over and die.

Besides, even the anti-war protesters, anarchists, alterglobalists etc. who oppose, say, the war in Iraq, are pretty violent in their protests, only they direct their violence inwardly, as they perceive it as more just - but if they had to defend their country it would be different, imo.

What the West lacks is not the willingness to employ violence but the fact that our culture (and here tip of a hat to Christians, especially Aquinas) emphasizes the "just war" concept - and we have been in a disagreement over what a just war constitutes in a post WW2 era (I think this is the last war that the overwhelming majority of Westerners would consider "just").

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 30, 2009, 02:45:02 PM
They are both much better IRL than their internet personae  :cool:

.............that may not be saying much  :lol:

I'm trying to set the expectations low. :P

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on December 31, 2009, 05:10:25 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on December 30, 2009, 07:57:51 AM
I think Neil underestimates the willingness of the West to resort to violence. Sure, we talk a lot about world peace and brotherly love, but if things get critical, I fully expect a counterstrike.

I agree. What we have seen (and only within the last 50 years or so, and again it applies more to Europe than to the US) is the West's decreasing willingness to project our power globally in order to protect our global domination. I'm pretty sure that if Russians, Arabs or the Chinese were at our gates, though, Europeans wouldn't just roll over and die.

Besides, even the anti-war protesters, anarchists, alterglobalists etc. who oppose, say, the war in Iraq, are pretty violent in their protests, only they direct their violence inwardly, as they perceive it as more just - but if they had to defend their country it would be different, imo.

What the West lacks is not the willingness to employ violence but the fact that our culture (and here tip of a hat to Christians, especially Aquinas) emphasizes the "just war" concept - and we have been in a disagreement over what a just war constitutes in a post WW2 era (I think this is the last war that the overwhelming majority of Westerners would consider "just").

"Just war"? War is hardly a trifle.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 30, 2009, 05:54:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2009, 05:34:33 AM
So according to you, unless I know who Cao Cao was, I cannot, for example, oppose the China's communist regime?

Go fuck yourself. The fact that you had to go to East Asia to find a chick willing to fuck you despite your insecurities and psychoses does not make you some sort of a posterboy for multiculturalism or cultural exchange. Though I can see how a repressed, fucked up disgrace like you could feel at home in a culture that actually celebrates such failings.
Martinus: Never Knowingly Understated.
:face:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Gulf War I, Korea.  Afghanistan six years ago.

Warspite

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 01, 2010, 08:34:17 PM

Bosnia (1995), Kosovo, Sierra Leone.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 02, 2010, 05:33:37 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2010, 04:53:17 PM
Kosovo, eh.
In this country at least it had broad support.

Conservatives didn't like it here.  They felt it was some kind of conspiracy or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Warspite on January 02, 2010, 04:13:20 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 01, 2010, 08:34:17 PM

Bosnia (1995), Kosovo, Sierra Leone.
Uhm, I don't think you will have an agreement over Kosovo. Many people consider it unjust, especially the part which involved bombing the living shit out of a sovereign European country, so you can have a hideout for muslim mafia.