Nordic Quack, Sweden and Donald Duck

Started by jimmy olsen, December 23, 2009, 07:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

Quote from: Slargos on December 24, 2009, 04:45:17 AM
Quote from: Lucidor on December 24, 2009, 04:02:11 AM
Quote from: Cecil on December 24, 2009, 03:00:57 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 24, 2009, 01:22:16 AM
I dunno. It's just like for over 30 years, every New Year's Eve German tv shows a certain old English language skit called "Dinner for One" about an old lady celebrating her 90th birthday, with her butler standing in for her deceased friends whenever there's a toast, meaning he gets very drunk very fast. It's still hillarious. The recurring punchlines are:
Butler: "Same procedure as last year?"
Ms. Sophie: "Same procedure as every year, James."

It used to be only on my local station in Northern Germany, but is now shown on most other local stations, one national station, and Austria, in some instances several times a day.

The full thing is here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9105942950207814319#
Don't mind the German introduction, it mainly explains the idea behind the thing for non English speakers.

Yeah its on here too. :D
That one is funny, and actually short enough to watch many times.

I have a soft spot for Ivanhoe that's usually screened Jan 1st.

RHEBECKA!

RHEBECCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
That's the one, I think. "Cave Adsum" is one kickass shield to have.

Slargos

Quote from: Lucidor on December 24, 2009, 04:51:25 AM
Quote from: Slargos on December 24, 2009, 04:45:17 AM
Quote from: Lucidor on December 24, 2009, 04:02:11 AM
Quote from: Cecil on December 24, 2009, 03:00:57 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 24, 2009, 01:22:16 AM
I dunno. It's just like for over 30 years, every New Year's Eve German tv shows a certain old English language skit called "Dinner for One" about an old lady celebrating her 90th birthday, with her butler standing in for her deceased friends whenever there's a toast, meaning he gets very drunk very fast. It's still hillarious. The recurring punchlines are:
Butler: "Same procedure as last year?"
Ms. Sophie: "Same procedure as every year, James."

It used to be only on my local station in Northern Germany, but is now shown on most other local stations, one national station, and Austria, in some instances several times a day.

The full thing is here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9105942950207814319#
Don't mind the German introduction, it mainly explains the idea behind the thing for non English speakers.

Yeah its on here too. :D
That one is funny, and actually short enough to watch many times.

I have a soft spot for Ivanhoe that's usually screened Jan 1st.

RHEBECKA!

RHEBECCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
That's the one, I think. "Cave Adsum" is one kickass shield to have.

By a twist of ironic fate, a jew says one of my favourite movie lines ever.  :D

And I agree, that is a kick ass motto.

The Brain

QuoteThe show's cultural significance cannot be understated.

Really? Journalist English skills FTW.

Anyway, the Swedish wife of Paul Anka, Anna Anka, obviously has an amusing name. She also recently developed a TV career in Sweden. This year IIRC she will be on the same time as Kalle Anka on one of the private channels.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Woah, I was thinking this article was Bullshit.  Well I suppose in this country people used to watch it's a wonderful life on Christmas all the time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on December 23, 2009, 10:04:33 PM
Quote from: citizen k on December 23, 2009, 07:44:10 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 23, 2009, 07:41:54 PM
In Russia, during every New Year's Eve, they show a movie about a guy who gets drunk, and mixes up his apartment in Moscow with an identical apartment on the identical address in Leningrad.

Wow, that's pretty drunk.
It's actually a very funny movie.  The joke was that Soviet planning was so ridiculously standardized that a guy couldn't tell Leningrad from Moscow.

Wow Soviet animators were really lazy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I don't see how its too odd. There are certain things people always watch at christmas here too (though admittedly not to such an extent as a percent of the population)
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I wish Sweden had a bizarre Christmas Eve tradition of sending their hot huge boobed blondes over here to pleasure fat American guys.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on December 24, 2009, 08:28:07 AM
I wish Sweden had a bizarre Christmas Eve tradition of sending their hot huge boobed blondes over here to pleasure fat American guys.  :)
I get the blondeness thing but the 'big boobed' stereotype doesn't make any sense with regards to Sweden.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I have known several women of entirely Scandinavian heritage in my life (all were various flavors of -American) and they all had at least a C.  But since you live there I guess you'd know better than me.  I would however encourage you to not shatter my worldview.  :(

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on December 24, 2009, 08:38:58 AM
I have known several women of entirely Scandinavian heritage in my life (all were various flavors of -American) and they all had at least a C.  But since you live there I guess you'd know better than me.  I would however encourage you to not shatter my worldview.  :(

Come and visit us, just to see the truth of your fantasies. :perv:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

It's on The List(TM).  In case you're wondering, the list (in order of precedence) follows:

* Germany
* Switzerland (again)
* Austria
* Greece and/or Turkey
* Scotland
* Spain
* Norway
* Iceland
* Sweden
* Sicily and more of southern Italy
* Benelux
* France :o

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on December 24, 2009, 08:38:58 AM
Strange.
Maybe its the modern diet or something more than genetics.
As not maybe Swedes I know are particularly large, especially ones who weigh less than me.
Then again my sample of 'unclothed Swedes what I have seen sans clothing' isn't too big, maybe they just don't use those assets as much as Anglos.
██████
██████
██████