News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird news

Started by Richard Hakluyt, December 23, 2009, 01:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Monoriu

I insist in visiting a dentist twice a year, brushing my teeth twice a day, and flossing every night.  I have yet to have my first cavity. 

citizen k

Prince Charles approves of this thread.

Sheilbh

UK! UK!

It doesn't work with only two letters does it :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Brazen

Woohoo! Can't wait for "The Big Book of American Smiles" to come out :P

Must be our evil NHS service and much-subsidised (though no longer free) dental check-ups and care :)

It's a bit sad that the survey found so many cavities in 12-year-olds. After all, they haven't had their adult teeth very long.

For those too lazy to click:
QuoteFOR many people, a trip to the dentist still evokes unpleasant childhood memories of big needles and screeching drills. And judging by data from an OECD report, "Health at a glance", released on Tuesday December 8th, eastern European adults will be having nightmares for years to come. Polish children have the worst teeth in any OECD country; a 12 year old has nearly four teeth that are missing, decayed or have a filling. American adults are renowned for having perfect sets of pearly whites, but each child has one decayed or missing tooth. Britain's children (along with Germany's) have the healthiest teeth, if not the straighest or whitest in later life.

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 23, 2009, 02:17:15 AM
UK! UK!

It doesn't work with only two letters does it :(
Hmm, not quite the same, no. You need to add a letter in, maybe a 'B' for Britain/British, or something.   ;)     

UBK! UBK!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Brazen on December 23, 2009, 05:41:01 AM

For those too lazy to click:
QuoteFOR many people, a trip to the dentist still evokes unpleasant childhood memories of big needles and screeching drills. And judging by data from an OECD report, "Health at a glance", released on Tuesday December 8th, eastern European adults will be having nightmares for years to come. Polish children have the worst teeth in any OECD country; a 12 year old has nearly four teeth that are missing, decayed or have a filling. American adults are renowned for having perfect sets of pearly whites, but each child has one decayed or missing tooth. Britain's children (along with Germany's) have the healthiest teeth, if not the straighest or whitest in later life.

We lose our teeth fighting for the last candy bar.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I saw this thing a year or so ago that said American schoolchildren are trending toward having worse teeth than they used to with more cavities at a younger age.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

I always did find the stereotype about the English having bad teeth very bizarre.
I guess its because we embody the 19th century. Or something like that.

It is surprising though that we would score so low these days given our sugar love
██████
██████
██████