Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

So now I am not feeling as stupid for sitting on cash.

Habbaku

At what point are you planning on not sitting in cash?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

I'm giving thought to jumping in after another bad day.

Maybe buy some Alphabet then, maybe wait for some more bad news to hit Apple before buying that.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on February 25, 2020, 06:36:58 PM
At what point are you planning on not sitting in cash?

I don't know yet.  I had a meeting scheduled with people who wanted to give me that answer in January but it had to be rescheduled for next week.  I am interested to hear what they tell me.

Richard Hakluyt

I'm in cash now apart from some gold stocks, some bonds and a couple of speculatives.

I think this virus will become a pandemic and will seriously disrupt the world economy.....so there will be a substantial adjustment to stockmarket values.

Of course I could easily be wrong  :P

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2020, 09:31:45 AM
Market opens up.

Obvs. The POTUS has just confirmed the coronavirus panic is just fake news.

Hamilcar

Admiral Yi

After the positive open the broad market has turned red.  Maybe this was Mimsy's predicted bounce before continuing the PRECIPITOUS DECLINE INTO FINANCIAL RUIN.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2020, 01:59:03 PM
After the positive open the broad market has turned red.  Maybe this was Mimsy's predicted bounce before continuing the PRECIPITOUS DECLINE INTO FINANCIAL RUIN.

If a few red days lead you to financial ruin, man, you gotta revaluate your position on risk management.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hamilcar on February 26, 2020, 02:09:40 PM
If a few red days lead you to financial ruin, man, you gotta revaluate your position on risk management.

The financial ruin is upcoming, not what has already happened.

Valmy

This crisis calls for an immediate government bail-out!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Camerus

Stand your ground and keep buying assets at lower prices.  :bowler:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I haven't added anything to my stock market account in ages due to the account being in the Netherlands and Brexit. So I am not seriously-seriously exposed to the growing shitshow.

But it still kinda hurts that I've got an automatic warning that my Lloyd's Bank shares lost 22% of their value in one day.