Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 24, 2023, 01:09:59 AMHow is Mono? Is he ok? Is he still alive?

Someone said he's on Facebook.

I wish someone would ask him to come back.

DGuller

Admiral Yi

Tamas

I am keeping an eye on Raytheon and/or a healthcare ETF to buy into, but definitely not overvalued tech stocks. I don't think free institutional gambling money is coming back anytime soon to pump those.

Admiral Yi

Tamas

Admiral Yi

Negatory.  I'm certainly not going to unload during a trough.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on February 08, 2023, 09:23:06 AMIs it safe to look again?

US markets have been in total FOMO mode for close to a month now, and just now seem to be returning to kangaroo-market mode.  It is probably too late.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on February 08, 2023, 09:25:33 AMUS markets have been in total FOMO mode for close to a month now, and just now seem to be returning to kangaroo-market mode.  It is probably too late.

Oddly enough it hasn't been driven by retail investors, accordiing to a CNBC clip I saw a few days ago.

Admiral Yi

To respond to Squeeze's question, I've seen a few predictions of apocalpyse, a few saying liftoff, and a bunch saying bumpy for another year.  If you have funds parked waiting to deploy, I might suggest waiting for another dip.

Or better yet sell short dated puts against it the cash.  Earn 12% a year and automatically buy a dip.  :)

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

Retail money has been pouring in to equities. 

Run away, run away!

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien