News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Employment among foreign-born in Sweden

Started by Slargos, December 19, 2009, 08:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

http://www.scb.se/statistik/_publikationer/LE0105_2009A01_BR_BE57BR0901.pdf

Report is in Swedish, so most of you won't get much out of it.

I'm just getting a bit flustered about this whole situation so I guess I can come off as a bit repetitive at times.

Bear with me.

This report states that out of "foreign born" IE immigrants, employment numbers are up to an astonishing 56% of men, and 44% of women after they've been 5 years in country.

Sounds like great news, right?

All the doom preaching was just silly racism.

This clearly proves that the third worlders we've been importing the last decades are the lottery winnings and pension savers they've been heralded as.

Just a second.

Go to page 92 of the report and find the definition used for "Employed".

"Anyone who has worked an average of at least one hour per week in November"

And you wonder what I'm complaining about?

Eddie Teach

Yes, part-timers get counted in employment statistics. This is news to you?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

So what's the margin employed between 1 and 12 hours (the usual minimum line for part-time wage employment in the US), or is that data available?
Experience bij!

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Camerus

Massive immigration is a reality of the 21st century.  I think you should just accept it, along with all the other things you may not like about life such as getting older etc. 

Though in fact, instead of feeling victimized by immigration trends, why don't you take advantage of it yourself and move to Thailand?   ;)

Viking

Does it separate Western immigrants and non-Western immigrants like Norwegian statistics?

Cause if you include all those danes and norwegian living in sweden but working at home do they count as employed? Then there are all the Icelandic refugees working in scandinavia along with all the "normal" europeans and scandinavians living and working in sweden.

I'm not trying to fuck up your rant by providing arguments for and against it.. I just think you did a bit too much ranting and not enough informing before starting the rant.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 19, 2009, 09:08:51 PM
Yes, part-timers get counted in employment statistics. This is news to you?  :huh:

When it's enough to part-time ON AVERAGE ONE HOUR PER WEEK to count as employed and they still only manage to reach 50% is a fucking atrocity.

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on December 19, 2009, 10:14:22 PM
Does it separate Western immigrants and non-Western immigrants like Norwegian statistics?

Cause if you include all those danes and norwegian living in sweden but working at home do they count as employed? Then there are all the Icelandic refugees working in scandinavia along with all the "normal" europeans and scandinavians living and working in sweden.

I'm not trying to fuck up your rant by providing arguments for and against it.. I just think you did a bit too much ranting and not enough informing before starting the rant.

Yes, they do and there the numbers become even worse.

Somalis: 10 years, 35%

Irakis: 10 years, 47%

Norwegians: 10 years, 73% (Here I'm not sure whether they count them as unemployed if they're working across the border though.)

This report is unusually candid, but of course they fully expect no one to actually read it, and the journalists providing the abbreviated version naturally chose to push it as an improvement.

Eddie Teach

And just how many people do you think are working one or two hours a week? As silly as that low a threshhold may sound, I doubt it has much impact on the numbers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on December 19, 2009, 08:27:18 PM
http://www.scb.se/statistik/_publikationer/LE0105_2009A01_BR_BE57BR0901.pdf

Report is in Swedish, so most of you won't get much out of it.

I'm just getting a bit flustered about this whole situation so I guess I can come off as a bit repetitive at times.

Bear with me.

This report states that out of "foreign born" IE immigrants, employment numbers are up to an astonishing 56% of men, and 44% of women after they've been 5 years in country.

Sounds like great news, right?

All the doom preaching was just silly racism.

This clearly proves that the third worlders we've been importing the last decades are the lottery winnings and pension savers they've been heralded as.

Just a second.

Go to page 92 of the report and find the definition used for "Employed".

"Anyone who has worked an average of at least one hour per week in November"

And you wonder what I'm complaining about?

This really depends on how "employment" in general is statistically accounted for, e.g. for the purpose of unemployment benefits and statistics. This would be a cause for outrage only if methodologies in both cases were completely different.

Monoriu

Why are you taking in Iraqis and Somalis?  There are probably millions of hardworking, law-abiding, and skilled Chinese workers who will do anything for a chance to live and work in Sweden.

Martinus

Keep your Chinese blight out of Europe, kthxbye.

Monoriu

Quote from: Martinus on December 20, 2009, 06:49:36 AM
Keep your Chinese blight out of Europe, kthxbye.

Oh yeah they're willing to work for crap wages and inhuman hours too  :P

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Monoriu on December 20, 2009, 06:51:15 AM
Oh yeah they're willing to work for crap wages and inhuman hours too  :P

Only for one generation.