Democratic Districts Won Twice as Much Stimulus as GOP Districts, Study Shows

Started by KRonn, December 18, 2009, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: KRonn on December 18, 2009, 11:50:55 AM
Well, I'm shocked, just shocked, I tell you!1!   :D   Lol.. big surprise!

But hey, no worry, I'm sure the Repubs get their turns to do similar things too! <_<

They did.  It's called BRAC.

WHAT CONNECTICUT VOTED DEMOCRATIC? GROTON CLOSED!

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 18, 2009, 12:32:52 PM
Being that, most likely, the heavily urban, poor, and run-down neighborhoods are predominantly Democrat...this doesn't shock or alarm me in the slightest.

That's what I thought too.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2009, 07:20:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2009, 03:16:04 AM
That's what I thought too.
Not corelated with income.

Doesn't matter. The stimulus wasn't for "poor areas" but for areas hit by the unemployment, right?  And the unemployment following credit crunch didn't hit poor, rural areas, but urban ones, including the middle class ones.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2009, 08:23:48 AM
Doesn't matter. The stimulus wasn't for "poor areas" but for areas hit by the unemployment, right?  And the unemployment following credit crunch didn't hit poor, rural areas, but urban ones, including the middle class ones.
Not corelated with unemployment either. At some point you might want to break down and actually read the article. :lol:

Shelf, when I looked at the scatter plots at the Institute site I didn't see any points at 3 billion.  I'm thinking they left them out.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 20, 2009, 06:19:21 PM
Shelf, when I looked at the scatter plots at the Institute site I didn't see any points at 3 billion.  I'm thinking they left them out.
I couldn't see any scatter graphs with billions laid out so easily.  Plus remember that only New York and California (of the ones I looked at) where over $3 bil.  If I had to guess them and maybe Texas and Pennsylvania.  The rest were around $500mil-1bil for state government.  Which makes sense.
Let's bomb Russia!