"Arbeit macht frei" sign stolen form Auschwitz gate

Started by Syt, December 18, 2009, 10:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Nein.  They would not know how to remove 60 year old screws.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Notice how derspiess refrains from stating the Nazis were wrong, just focuses on a singular statement.

Fucking sick is what that man is.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Jaron on December 18, 2009, 04:15:29 PM
Notice how derspiess refrains from stating the Nazis were wrong, just focuses on a singular statement.

Fucking sick is what that man is.

Nevertheless, the past couple of days have shown that at Languish, it's safer to be fucking sick than fucking retarded.  What's your excuse? :P
Experience bij!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2009, 03:44:52 PM
It amuses me how utterly lacking in practical knowledge today's youth are. :)
Actually maybe I wasn't.  Is that screwdriver the one that drills into screws?  That was my first thought.

dps

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2009, 03:44:52 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2009, 03:32:31 PM
I was thinking the same thing? :lol:
It amuses me how utterly lacking in practical knowledge today's youth are. :)

That's not exactly a fair generalization.  You were responding to a poster who lacks practical knowledge in almost everything. 

And theoritical knowledge in most things, too, come to think of it.

CountDeMoney

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2009, 04:52:45 PM
Actually maybe I wasn't.  Is that screwdriver the one that drills into screws?  That was my first thought.
The second pic is an impact driver, and yes I have one. :handyman:

Ed Anger

I'd rather have Big Boy or an original Taco Bell sign.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 18, 2009, 07:30:12 PM
I'd rather have Big Boy or an original Taco Bell sign.

Oh ,hells yeah.  Bob's Big Boy.  That fucker will haunt me until he's in my yard.

Caliga

We still have those around here.  :cool:  They call them "Frisch's Big Boy", but they're exactly the same as I remember Bob's Big Boy's were in the northeast.

dps

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2009, 07:48:21 PM
We still have those around here.  :cool:  They call them "Frisch's Big Boy", but they're exactly the same as I remember Bob's Big Boy's were in the northeast.

"Big Boy" isn't really a restaurant chain in the normal sense, or even a franchise.  It was more like a joint venture among several restaurant chains.  So it goes by several different names, which were mostly just the name of the individual chain before it joined up, put in the possesive tense, and with the words "Big Boy" added.  Most of the larger chains involved left eventually;  they had to quit using the "Big Boy" name, and also agree not to sell a triple-decker hamburger.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DontSayBanana

Quote from: dps on December 18, 2009, 07:56:16 PM
"Big Boy" isn't really a restaurant chain in the normal sense, or even a franchise.  It was more like a joint venture among several restaurant chains.  So it goes by several different names, which were mostly just the name of the individual chain before it joined up, put in the possesive tense, and with the words "Big Boy" added.  Most of the larger chains involved left eventually;  they had to quit using the "Big Boy" name, and also agree not to sell a triple-decker hamburger.

Some of those survive in highway rest stops, the way Roy Rogers survived the NJ pullout with its NJ Turnpike locations... last time I went to Baltimore, we ended up eating at a Bob's Big Boy along I-95 by the DE/MD border.
Experience bij!

Caliga