Facebook scandal: Martinus removed as a friend!

Started by Jaron, December 18, 2009, 09:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I am uncertain as to why one would friend Jaron to begin with.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 18, 2009, 12:41:12 PM
Oh boo hoo, Jaron is a much a drama bitch on FB that Marcin is.

I was unfriended by both of them. Jaron was being a pussy for a comment I made & Marcin just didn't remember me.

Pussies.

I sort of agree.

Grallon

Quote from: katmai on December 18, 2009, 12:47:35 PM
I suggest you get more exciting friends if that is what yours post G.

:P

The medium is the message remember?  Many people feel compelled to post something regularly just to remain 'interesting' for their ever widening circle - the famous '15 minutes' stretched to infinity as it were...

I mean witness the unending string of bare emoticons, glib one liners and vacuous comments we have here on a daily basis!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on December 18, 2009, 12:29:29 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 18, 2009, 12:17:22 PM
Facebook is lame.

Spoken like a true friendless sociopath

Sadly, I still have plenty of relatives to fill my facebook page with inane comments.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Grallon on December 18, 2009, 12:54:11 PM

The medium is the message remember?  Many people feel compelled to post something regularly just to remain 'interesting' for their ever widening circle - the famous '15 minutes' stretched to infinity as it were...

I mean witness the unending string of bare emoticons, glib one liners and vacuous comments we have here on a daily basis!

G.

Once again, i guess it is your friends, as I don't get those types of updates from my friends. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Grallon

Quote from: katmai on December 18, 2009, 12:59:18 PM

Once again, i guess it is your friends, as I don't get those types of updates from my friends. :P

*shrug* the point is moot - those Languishites I had as contacts I can speak to here - the others I have their RL coordinates.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

katmai

Quote from: Grallon on December 18, 2009, 01:02:33 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 18, 2009, 12:59:18 PM

*shrug* the point is moot - those Languishites I had as contacts I can speak to - the others I have their RL coordinates.

G.

Oh i don't waste my time talking to languishites on there, unless the forum is down. It's mainly used to keep in touch with people who i've met living all over the country in my life. :D

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grallon

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: Habbaku on December 18, 2009, 12:51:24 PM

Why not? He's all tough here but in reality, he's a pussy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 18, 2009, 01:15:02 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 18, 2009, 12:51:24 PM

Why not? He's all tough here but in reality, he's a pussy.

I think it's more along the lines of putting up with his random ass comments :P

DisturbedPervert

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2009, 10:12:43 AM
:lol:

Jaron does have a tendency to make weird FB posts though.  He put something on Princesca's page the other week and she was like "What the hell is wrong with that guy?"

And how is that surprising? I only added Jaron after subtly removing all work related people on an unrelated matter.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.