News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ocean planet discovered

Started by jimmy olsen, December 16, 2009, 07:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

I personally think that Jacob has done a favour for Tim.  It is better to learn this lesson on an internet message board than in the real world.  Imagine Tim quoting the dictionary to his boss  :hug:

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on December 17, 2009, 05:17:44 PMedit: Oh, and now that I've gone back & read the rest of the thread, I now know the best way to insult Jake :shifty:

Have at it :)

It was the "I was trying to be nice" clueless patronizing that triggered it, not the substance of the slight.  I don't think you have it in you to be as clueless as Tim.

Because as I've said, if he'd actually meant to be insulting it would've been clever and thus worthy of respect.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on December 17, 2009, 08:32:37 PM
I personally think that Jacob has done a favour for Tim.  It is better to learn this lesson on an internet message board than in the real world.  Imagine Tim quoting the dictionary to his boss  :hug:
Actually, that's part of my job, teaching my co-teachers better conversational English.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on December 17, 2009, 06:24:28 PMHaving said that, I don't know why Jacob went off like that.  Timmay is like earthquakes and volcanoes and hurricanes.  Getting upset at any of them is a complete waste of time.

There was no upset, only entertainment :)

It's probably a similar kind of entertainment to the one you get out of the long arguments and counter-arguments here on Languish.

QuoteI think Tim just caught Jacob at a bad moment, and that Jake will look at this thread in a coupla hours and go "what was I thinking?"

Nah.  I know exactly what I was thinking; to whit: "what a fucking retard."  I believe I said something similar in my first response.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on December 17, 2009, 09:20:41 PM
Quote from: grumbler on December 17, 2009, 06:24:28 PMHaving said that, I don't know why Jacob went off like that.  Timmay is like earthquakes and volcanoes and hurricanes.  Getting upset at any of them is a complete waste of time.

There was no upset, only entertainment :) 
Okay.  It was more of a Languish moment than a Jacob moment, then.  I misunderstood.

Kinda funny to look at your title in light of this thread.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on December 17, 2009, 08:32:37 PM

Outside of Hong Kong, that may not actually get you sent to "The Torcher Chamber" (my former boss is never going to live that one down :P ).  It may get you fired, but not necessarily.
Experience bij!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I had a UPS delivery on Tuesday and the deliveryperson was actually a decent looking MILF.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn