News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ocean planet discovered

Started by jimmy olsen, December 16, 2009, 07:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 16, 2009, 10:27:15 PMMy Dad's been here for 40 years and speaks English now better then he speaks Spanish, but that doesn't mean I don't stump him sometimes with obscure vocab or refrences.

Not everyone is as stupid as your dad.

If I had for a moment thought you were trying to be deliberately insulting I would have given you props.  It was pretty funny.  But you seem to not get it at all, which is why I have to stand by calling you a fucking retard.  Saying that you're trying to be nice just cements that fact.

I don't doubt that you have a good heart, but you're a good-hearted retard.

katmai

Oh watch out Jake, now you'll have Caliga and Grallon on you!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2009, 10:37:09 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 16, 2009, 10:27:15 PMMy Dad's been here for 40 years and speaks English now better then he speaks Spanish, but that doesn't mean I don't stump him sometimes with obscure vocab or refrences.

If I had for a moment thought you were trying to be deliberately insulting I would have given you props.  It was pretty funny.  But you seem to not get it at all, which is why I have to stand by calling you a fucking retard.  Saying that you're trying to be nice just cements that fact.

What the fuck's your problem? Where the hell do you get off calling my Dad stupid? Just because he isn't interested in Medieval mythology doesn't mean jack. You act like an okay guy most of the time, but then you pull shit like this and remind people you're the biggest jerk on the whole god damn board.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 10:41:04 PM
I don't need anyone to protect me from an uppity butter cookie.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 16, 2009, 10:45:26 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 10:41:04 PM
I don't need anyone to protect me from an uppity butter cookie.

:lol:

Admiral Yi

I've only seen Jake being a dickhead to Timmy.  I can't figure it out.  It's like Timmy is kryptonite.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2009, 10:37:09 PM

Doesn't this post kinda cement your position as a puppy-kicker, then? :unsure:

:P
Experience bij!

Camerus

Monoriu

I've met Jake and I can confirm that he is as fluent as any native speaker  :hug:

katmai

Quote from: Monoriu on December 16, 2009, 11:42:20 PM
I've met Jake and I can confirm that he is as fluent as any native speaker  :hug:

how would a Chinaman know? Hmmm!

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 16, 2009, 10:44:19 PMWhat the fuck's your problem? Where the hell do you get off calling my Dad stupid? Just because he isn't interested in Medieval mythology doesn't mean jack.

Okay, I'll make it non-insulting for this one post.  My problem:

You insulted me.  Not only did you insult me, but you did it ignorantly which makes it worse not better.  Assuming that I don't understand the concept in question is patronizing.  Quoting the dictionary at me to be helpful, like you would to your Korean ESL students, is patronizing.  Making a sweeping assumption about my English skills because "he's not a native speaker" compounds the insult.

So I insulted you back.  That's it.

Making assumptions about me based on your dad is not insulting, just entirely besides the point.  As an aside, if you don't want people to insult your dad you shouldn't bring him up as a justification when someone's tearing into you.  I mean, really?

The thing is, I wasn't particularly offended by the substance of the insult.  In fact, as I said, if you'd meant to be a jerk I would've given you props for being clever.  It was kind of funny.  But you blithely missed the whole point which is why I chose the insult I did in return.

Oh and... you're getting some of the details backwards.  You didn't suggest that I didn't understand the "medieval mythology" usage of "grail" so whether your father cares about that subject is irrelevant.

QuoteYou act like an okay guy most of the time, but then you pull shit like this and remind people you're the biggest jerk on the whole god damn board.

Thank you :hug:

Given the number of people on this board who spend all their posting time deliberately competing to be the biggest asshole that's quite a compliment; especially if we consider that they're native speakers and I'm not ;)

It makes me think that I'm doing okay at this whole English thing :bowler:

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2009, 09:53:05 PM
Timmy is a kind hearted young man.  You and Jacob should be ashamed of yourselves.  :mad:

:yes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Fireblade on December 16, 2009, 11:57:28 PMSeconded!

THUNDERDOME!

A good idea, however:

1. This is not TBR.  I don't think they do Thunderdomes out here.  Though maybe it would be okay.

2. Timmy in a Thunderdome?  I mean "uppity buttercookie"?  That'd be like sending a cripple to compete in a kick-boxing match.  Even I would feel sorry for him.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 16, 2009, 10:53:34 PM
I've only seen Jake being a dickhead to Timmy.  I can't figure it out.  It's like Timmy is kryptonite.

It's not Timmy specifically, it's blithe idiocy.  The good intentions and puppy dog like eagerness doesn't mitigate, it compounds.  I like Timmy well enough when he doesn't engage in it, but he is the foremost practitioner on languish.  I react fairly strongly to it elsewhere as well, so it's not really personal.