Because Hope Springs Eternal: Languish EU3 MP thread

Started by Kleves, December 15, 2009, 11:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

That still around?  Was looking for a mention of it on the forums and couldn't pinpoint it.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Slargos

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 03, 2010, 04:11:51 AM
That still around?  Was looking for a mention of it on the forums and couldn't pinpoint it.

As far as I know, yeah.

It's supposed to have been fixed, but MP community reported it's still very much unfixed last I saw.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Well I'm gonna go grab some sleep before game (it's 12:30am here), hope we have some idea what's going on when i wake up :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 03, 2010, 04:04:59 AM
I'm not buying a game from steam to use their shitty software, I can't load friends.

Besides, whats the whole issue with chatting in game like the old days, or what not?

You can get steam for free and you can load other games through steam.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on January 03, 2010, 04:32:25 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on January 03, 2010, 04:04:59 AM
I'm not buying a game from steam to use their shitty software, I can't load friends.

Besides, whats the whole issue with chatting in game like the old days, or what not?

You can get steam for free and you can load other games through steam.

Apparently you still have to buy at least one game to get access to the Friends function.

Solmyr

I don't remember buying any game through Steam, though I registered some on it. :huh:

Anyhow, my Steam id is solmyr77

Slargos

Right.

I'm assuming everyone will be there at the appointed hour, so I propose we simply try hosting without hamachi first with Funk as host given that he has graciously offered.

I've thrown a couple of pertinent questions to the EU MP community and they will hopefully be answered by the time we attempt to get this pile of shit off the ground.

In addition, I have created a Languish group on steam incase we do decide to take that route, which will make identifying Languishistas off yonder user lists a bit easier. I've made invitations possible for all members so those of you who join, kindly pick up the rest if you can.

Whoever's a praying man, start right fucking now.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Apparently the patriot funding exploit is seriously abusable. Should we ban it outright, or will it be an acceptable way of expanding?

Slargos

Quote from: Solmyr on January 03, 2010, 06:08:39 AM
Apparently the patriot funding exploit is seriously abusable. Should we ban it outright, or will it be an acceptable way of expanding?

I was hoping no one would notice. :goodboy:

I think we should simply avoid it. The first time I came into contact with it, patriots spawned on their own accord in my war against Timurids and since the Tims were disintegrating at the time, and their minor allies had no way of defeating them even though there was only 3500 of them, they ended up annexing 2 one province nations and one 2 province, for a net result of 4 provinces BB and infamy free which is a massive advantage for the nations surrounded by a lot of same culture group minors. Austria, France, Ottomans and possibly Muscovy come to mind.

At one point, I spawned 5 rebel armies of 4000 apiece in one province and they annexed Dulkadir and ended up seizing the Timurid's lone turkish province and when it defected to me I also got 15 free regiments along with 3 leaders. At the cost of 6*60d that was a bargain.

So yeah, I think we simply shouldn't use it.

Another thing that comes to mind is avoiding fleets larger than 150 units, which won't be an issue until later in the game, but apparently they cause out of synch issues.

Pat

Sorry guys for not showing up, had a lot of IRL stuff going on the last few days and simply forgot; I hope I didn't take a spot someone else could've had. :Embarrass: Maybe it wasn't a very good idea of me to sign up weekly game with fixed schedule, but I'd be delighted to substitute some time or another if anyone else can't make it.

sbr

Quote from: Pat on January 03, 2010, 09:44:55 PM
Sorry guys for not showing up, had a lot of IRL stuff going on the last few days and simply forgot; I hope I didn't take a spot someone else could've had. :Embarrass: Maybe it wasn't a very good idea of me to sign up weekly game with fixed schedule, but I'd be delighted to substitute some time or another if anyone else can't make it.

katmai?