Main Menu

Dexter season finale

Started by Slargos, December 16, 2009, 09:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

What a fucking kick in the teeth.

Seriously.

DisturbedPervert

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that.  It would have been interesting though if  they had not killed her and had her find out Dexter is a serial killer next season.  I'm hoping someone finds out next season and this doesn't drag on forever.

Slargos

Yeah.

I was thinking throughout the entire episode "where are they going to take this now" but I really didn't see that one coming.

It was certainly a good way to go about it though, but I really hope they don't mess this up and turn it into a snoozefest like Lost or Prison Break.

I hope they're going somewhere with it, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Viking

I was impressed, but it did set up the next season.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 16, 2009, 10:50:20 PM
Yeah, I wasn't expecting that.  It would have been interesting though if  they had not killed her and had her find out Dexter is a serial killer next season.  I'm hoping someone finds out next season and this doesn't drag on forever.
Its quite clearly leading Debbie in that direction it  seems to me.- I'm told by people who've read the books she has there.
And Quinn is becoming a Doakes replacement.
██████
██████
██████

Fate

Oh come on. The wife and whole suburbia shtick was dreadfully boring. My only hope is that they somehow get rid of the kids. Long lost grandma? Boarding school?

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on December 16, 2009, 10:54:34 PM
It was certainly a good way to go about it though, but I really hope they don't mess this up and turn it into a snoozefest like Lost or Prison Break.
The US cable outfits are generally much better than the networks in that respect.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Yeah,  I think the only hangover from this season will be Deb and Dexter's relationship. I think she'll figure out what's going on. I'm glad that Rita's gone, though, she was annoying] Will they pin dexter to her death? Don't forget he's been acting suspicious all season and the perverted Asian dude knows there were marital problems, and the other cop believes he's been having affairs.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on December 17, 2009, 09:47:14 AM
Yeah,  I think the only hangover from this season will be Deb and Dexter's relationship. I think she'll figure out what's going on. I'm glad that Rita's gone, though, she was annoying] Will they pin dexter to her death? Don't forget he's been acting suspicious all season and the perverted Asian dude knows there were marital problems, and the other cop believes he's been having affairs.

Or Angel will remember that Dexter and Trinity had a conversation on the floor of Miami Metro Homicide.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Quote from: Viking on December 17, 2009, 09:53:36 AM

Or Angel will remember that Dexter and Trinity had a conversation on the floor of Miami Metro Homicide.

You'd think he would have noticed that right away. Rewatching that episode, Angel never really sees Trintiy. He just walks past them and glances over at Dex, but never at Trintiy.

But yeah, there are plenty of plot lines they can pick up on next season.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Viking on December 17, 2009, 09:53:36 AM

Yeah, Dexter should be in the clear on this.  What with his sister investigating Trinity's daughter, it matching the murder MO, and Dexter talking to Trinity in the police station beforehand, there is little reason to suspect Dexter would do this.  Not even with Quinn, who is just pissed off Dexter knows he is corrupt, and the others will rally to his side.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Josephus on December 17, 2009, 10:04:39 AMRewatching that episode, Angel never really sees Trintiy. He just walks past them and glances over at Dex, but never at Trintiy.

I didn't notice that, but he still should have noticed Dexter talking to a tall, white haired white dude even if he never got a good look at his face.

Viking

Well there are lots of strange connections Dexter might have problems explaining.

1) talking to Trinity
2) showing up at Trinity's house strangely
3) having his wife murdered in the Trinity fashion (but she is too old for the pattern)
4) the kidnapped kid might identify Dexter from his rescue
5) Trinity's kids might identify "Kyle"

Josquius

I've been thinking something there too. Just how do you explain walking in the house and finding that?

Not to mention Trinity visiting him at work that time...Someone might be checking the cameras randomly. Or Quinn investigating Dexter on purpose.
██████
██████
██████